"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Queensryche would do better to play nothing post-Empire :)

Promised Land deserves a lot more love than it gets these days. Great album. However, I also think it'd be wise for Queensryche to play more material from their two albums with Todd La Torre on vocals live now too. It'd probably be more comfortable for him to sing that stuff too.

Anywho, back to Maiden!

I will agree that the video and the song are a little mismatched, but I like it just the same. It's a lot of fun. Also, seeing the video made me think of how great it'd be to get a new Ed Hunter video game or a video game where you play as Eddie, like in the video.

I'm so glad that not only Bruce sounds good here but that the vocals seem properly produced. None of the super dryness of TFF. No issues with the T's, S's, and F's like on that record. Super excited about what those epics are going to sound like!

I hate to be a party-pooper but I'm a little disappointed by SoL. The solos are nice, the chorus is decent but the verse bothers me. I feel like the vocal melody doesn't fit with the other instruments. Perhaps it's a grower for me, time will tell.
I have that esp. with the pre-chorus. The part with that guitar melody that comes back after Adrian's solo.

Nice song, not very impressed. Better than Wildest Dreams, No More Lies and Different World and probably Final Frontier and OOTSP.

Not better than other singles from this line-up.

If we compare to older singles from this lineup, I'd say it's probably better than all of them except Ben Breeg, El Dorado and The Wicker Man. Still early though.

Ok listened enough to critique properly: Hated the intro/cowbell and over exaggerated outro at first, but...'liked' the rest. 40 something listens now, (50 maybe) and still luke-warm on the bookends of the song.
But really enjoying the rest. Idk why they thought that corny intro is nessessery? And the outro I'm starting to think is reminiscent to el dorado maybe? In that it may fit the album better than it does on it's own..?? Love the sound and verses. Chorus is a bit repetitive, but catchy. I'm thinking 8/10, and probably a lower end song on the album. Great little rock song but could have stood alone better without the intro and huge ending. UTI!!

You know what would a cool and original intro for the tour? SOL starts up, Bruce runs out during his scream and then the rest of the band run out after Nicko's main drums kick in.

I've got the iTunes version and it sounds great! I hear the bass quite clear. Loving it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back