"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things flowed so well, Dave is only half joking when he says they could have done a triple album… "We stopped there but there were probably some other things that were floating around, otherwise we would have been in for three or four albums!"
Sweet mother of rock...

Sweet mother of rock...

I really loved reading that interview. I hope there will be more and more so we can start to get a better feel for the rest of the album and if SOL is a Wildest Dreams or Different World type of tip of the iceberg. I'm glad the guys had such a good time making this album - that has to bode well for the future.

Guys,there is a seperate thread dedicated to tge single,right?!

I see one for the video. So, I'm kinda confused where our comments should even go. Seems like they are being split between that one and this one.

Woke up in the middle of the night to find that the song is in my iTunes and have been listening to it non-stop. Love it, I really think Bruce's vocals are excellent. New Maiden always takes me back to when I was a kid and saw the Somewhere In Time album in the record store window, getting it home and listened to it over and over while staring at the cover.

For me, I think this is the best lead single of the reunion era. It's close though. I find it to be close to the Rainmaker, so I'm flip flopping between them. Next up would be Wicker Man, but I just get bored with a few listens in due to repetitiveness! Stoked for this album even more!

I'm just so impressed by this song, it's truly great. I'm at about 35 plays on it and I'm not even close to being tired of it.

I'd say it sounds a little different than reunion era Maiden, but it still sounds like Iron Maiden at its core. I'm definitely loving this. That chorus will be stuck in my head at work all day today!

Not a huge fan of Rainmaker either & Wildest Dreams is a joke. Not only should it not have been an opener, it wasn't even worthy of being a b side.

I don't want to hear songs about Steve Harris personal life struggles & triumphs in songs. Self indulgence at it's worst.

SOL isn't lame, nor is it great. It's a good rocking tune that meets all critiera for what a single should be.

Same here! Benjamin Breeg was released right before my family vacation in Northern WI, I spent the whole week listening to it on repeat. That song will always have a special place in my heart.

And now, Speed of Light comes out the day before my girlfriend and I head up North for vacation! If that's not a good omen, I don't know what is! :rocker:

Man, Benjamin Breeg is soo good. Lovely 'bittersweet' intro solo. And the main riff is so crushing.

Ahhh, Blood Brothers ... in a rain-soaked crowd in Bergen after we had all been chanting "Dio ... Dio ..." for a couple of minutes. One of my best concert memories.

We finally got a single with riffs, innovative vocals, a decent pace. This is a song that did not bore me for a single second. Seeing people say this is a weak track or that the previous singles were better just makes me feel I am listening to a different song than they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back