"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not link to leaked material, even if the authenticity of the leak is unknown.

(Everyone: It's the same lyrics that were up for discussion earlier.)

Sorry, I naively assumed lyrics werent part of it in terms of leaks but sorry again.

Very positive review. I was concerned at first because he mentioned "knowing bad Maiden" but this sounds far from it.

I like how he noted that it works well as two 45 minute albums as well.

Excitement = through the roof!

I liked the fact he's been listening to it for a month and it's not a first impression.
And excitement — yep.

Love his synopsis -

Some tracks stronger than others, but no duds. #BookOfSouls is masterful, their best since 7th Son. Fans should be elated. It's a triumph.

The pacing of #BookOfSouls is one of its strengths. Short songs, epics, anthems, ballads. It's a double album that delivers exceptionally.

It sounds like the album is very well thought-out in terms of running order and diversity of songwriting!

"Some tracks stronger than others, but no duds. Book of Souls is masterful, their best since 7th Son. Fans should be elated. It's a triumph."

"The pacing of Book of Souls is one of its strengths. Short songs, epics, anthems, ballads. It's a double album that delivers exceptionally."

Two things I liked from the interview:

1. Adrian's comments on the production. I like the raw sound of AMOLAD and TFF (to a lesser extent) but I would love something a bit more polished like BNW. Being the perfectionist that he is, if Adrian likes it I'll probably like it too. I hope they keep the live sound but for their more atmospheric moments something more polished works IMO.
  2. I love the way the band has approached questions on longevity lately. I always got a more uncertain vibe whenever those questions came up during the TFF cycle. That they might do another album but it'll probably be the last. Now it feels more like that barring any unforeseen obstacles, they plan on doing this for a pretty long time still. Which is awesome! I wonder if this album or recent tours have reinvigorated them a bit. Not that they seemed tired before, but they definitely seem even more enthusiastic than usual.

I translated the French album review & I did not see all the talk of repeat choruses. I did read that Speed of Light does have the repeats & that Death or Glory chorus is the big disappointment of the album. Basically says it's a note for not copy of new frontier. Unless my translator was not very good. There were quite a few references to Transylvania, Mariner & L'osfer words.

So, Death or Glory is like New Frontier but with a chorus like Final Frontier? That's something worry about...

Two things I liked from the interview:

1. I love the way the band has approached questions on longevity lately. I always got a more uncertain vibe whenever those questions came up during the TFF cycle. That they might do another album but it'll probably be the last. Now it feels more like that barring any unforeseen obstacles, they plan on doing this for a pretty long time still. Which is awesome! I wonder if this album or recent tours have reinvigorated them a bit. Not that they seemed tired before, but they definitely seem even more enthusiastic than usual.

Some of that might have to do with a year off from touring and not much Maiden activity. Perhaps they saw a glimpse of post-Maiden life and decided they wanted to postpone that. I would imagine coming off Bruce's health scare and that inactivity ... they all probably feel pretty re-generated and ready to roll

This might sound insane, but I think I'm more excited that Bruce essentially confirmed he's working on another solo album than I am for Book of Souls. According to the twitter review, If Eternity Should Fail was supposed to be the title track from his new album. Way to be a team player, Bruce!

I read that as he was working on a solo album, was. And as much as I dig Bruce's solo stuff, I'd take a new Maiden album any day. Really excited to hear his solo contributions on this one - they sound amazing!

Yeah, and in the french review I believe, it says that If Eternity Should Fail was written during the sessions of his last solo album (which would have been way back in 2005) and he just kept it around, eventually using it now in Maiden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back