"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should record new album with covers and use only banjo & kazoo. That's great retirement plan. From what I remember he wanted to record acoustic maiden album back in 80's. Now he have a chance - if he can convince Steve to put EotC on the album he can do anything.

If they do carry on, there might be a lot more mid tempo and slow songs to allow Bruce to hit the higher notes. He gets away with it on BOS compared the to breathless TFF in which the speed of the playing ran him over.

I don't even understand the need to sing high though. Maiden are all about drama and he manages that just fine in the lower registers.

I hope they do carry on but I think they'll be a very different band to what we are used to if they do. It'll be slower, but they'll always excite, it's in their bones.

I don't understand it too. I mean - he can sing in lower registers and he does it amazing but yet he still record songs with high notes where I can't understand him 80% of time. What's worse - many songs prove that he still can sound like beast without using higher register, he just refuse to do so.

I can't really tell much of a difference TBH. He sounds about the same here as he did on DOD IMHO, and better then he did on TFF.

What matter is that he still sound good. But it's funny that after all these years I think that slower parts are better that faster ones.

I really dont get it why some people complain about BOS over 80's albuns. Its another time, another members, another vibe and sincerelly, Maiden already prooved who they are.

Yes, this albus is the best since 7th son, really. Pick up BOS (easily perfect in 1988), DOG (1983/84), WTRRD (83/84), TRATB (83/84/2000's)

What do you want, another PW? SIT? Remmember, SIT was a fair album on 86 reviews

I am a fan since 1982, but i assume their quality or not in some albuns

Thats not the case of BOS, masterpiece

This is definitely the most progressive album Maiden has ever done. There is just so much to take in. There are more different, separate vocal parts from Bruce than we've ever gotten, quite a few put in at different, unexpected parts. Guitar solos are also thrown in at all different parts. After what must be 10 listens for me, this album still hasn't completely sunk in. I can't wait to see which ones they choose to do live.

I don't understand it too. I mean - he can sing in lower registers and he does it amazing but yet he still record songs with high notes where I can't understand him 80% of time. What's worse - many songs prove that he still can sound like beast without using higher register, he just refuse to do so.
This is why BNW album sounds so good. Nothing is exceedingly high in the choruses

Still trying to digest The Book of Souls. I really like half of the album. The other half I'm struggling to enjoy/wrap my head around.

I've always liked making my own albums by combining the best of other albums. And because both The Final Frontier and The Book of Souls are going for that live sound, they work well together.
  1. If Eternity Should Fail
  2. When the River Runs Deep
  3. The Red and the Black
  4. Starblind
  5. The Talisman
  6. Death or Glory
  7. The Man of Sorrows
  8. The Book of Souls
  9. Tears of a Clown
  10. When The Wild Wind Blows
Obviously I'm going to keep listening to the new album as is, but I think this is a good set to burn for the car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back