The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Night Prowler said:
Do you like the song better after hearing it live?

I have not seen it live in person, but I like it better just from seeing the clips and really want to see it live.

That clip is incredible.

I really think that The Talisman will be classic song that gets played even after this tour should they chose to play Final Frontier songs again.  Great song on disc and from what I can tell absolutely spellbinding live.

Greetings,

Thanks Foro for the video. What did you think of the sound? I thought I was missing some at least one guitar at some times. Could be just me ( was using wax earplugs for the first time. Took me the better of the first 4 songs to get rid off).

Warhurst

For the people who would like to see some videos from the Gelredome gig
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLD93E09D03CAC0883 Every song is included :)

Warhurst said:
Greetings,

Thanks Foro for the video. What did you think of the sound? I thought I was missing some at least one guitar at some times. Could be just me ( was using wax earplugs for the first time. Took me the better of the first 4 songs to get rid off).

Warhurst

I especially thought the solos of Dave started way too silent, and after a few seconds they had the usual volume level. Sounded like a sleepy soundman to me, or maybe it was another problem. Maybe it was his Gibson, because I thought it didn't happen when he used his other guitars.

Justinovitch said:
For the people who would like to see some videos from the Gelredome gig
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLD93E09D03CAC0883 Every song is included :)

No spoiler needed here. Thanks, I'll check it out, curious if all the speeches are on there as well.  :ok:

There is only one song left that is currently being uploaded
Running Free
Bruce's speeches are in the
Coming Home and Blood Brothes
videos

The Talisman certainly seems to be the best of the new songs live, there's another very good quality clip of it from the South Korea show, it's definitely worth watching!

Justinovitch said:
There is only one song left that is currently being uploaded
Running Free
Bruce's speeches are in the
Coming Home and Blood Brothes
videos
Awesome thanks! Even some video of RTR!

Tomorrow, boys 'n' girls, tomorrow  :yey:

I'm extremely looking forward to
Coming Home
Dance Of Death
Blood Brothers
Iron Maiden
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

And others are awesome too

Dunno if spoiler or not, but just in case.

Yesterday was awesome, after Satellite 15 finished and guys ran on stage, tears burst in my eyes for a little while (then the rock'n'roll began  :edmetal:). It was unbelieavable to see them in real, I just couldn't manage it.
I had a sweet spot just in front of Steve, only like 4-5 "rows" of people were infront of me.

Sad thing is, Bruce had problems few times with his voice, he changed a way he sang chorus in Talisman. And sometimes he sounded a bit out of tune to me..
Also most of the solos were too quiet, It was awful to clearly see Dave running his lightning fast legatos across the fretboard and not to hear it through the "noise".

And some asshole spilled a beer on me  :mad:

Apart from those things, they all had a great energy for their age, I was astonished. They were even jumping at the gallop part in FOTD, I thought they stopped doing that  :yey:

Fun parts: Bruce (I assume) forgot to sing one verse in DoD, and just finished the "Was to look just straight ahead"

Also, at the beginning of HBTN Steve missed one note - when he usually plays open low E string with the bell in background. He was clapping his hands and didn't manage it in time, so there was a moment of awkward silence. After that he grabbed the bass properly and didn't clap any more  :bigsmile:  :bigsmile:

All in all, it was amazing and brilliant. Finishing with Running Free is one of the best ideas ever.
And last note: Two Eddies is more then one!  :ok:

And, I have to say, I lost a bit of a magic, because I knew the setlist and watched almost all videos with decent quality, so there were only few things to surprise me.

mtmccox said:
Dunno if spoiler or not, but just in case.

Yesterday was awesome, after Satellite 15 finished and guys ran on stage, tears burst in my eyes for a little while (then the rock'n'roll began  :edmetal:). It was unbelieavable to see them in real, I just couldn't manage it.
I had a sweet spot just in front of Steve, only like 4-5 "rows" of people were infront of me.

Sad thing is, Bruce had problems few times with his voice, he changed a way he sang chorus in Talisman. And sometimes he sounded a bit out of tune to me..
Also most of the solos were too quiet, It was awful to clearly see Dave running his lightning fast legatos across the fretboard and not to hear it through the "noise".

And some asshole spilled a beer on me  :mad:

Apart from those things, they all had a great energy for their age, I was astonished. They were even jumping at the gallop part in FOTD, I thought they stopped doing that  :yey:

Fun parts: Bruce (I assume) forgot to sing one verse in DoD, and just finished the "Was to look just straight ahead"

Also, at the beginning of HBTN Steve missed one note - when he usually plays open low E string with the bell in background. He was clapping his hands and didn't manage it in time, so there was a moment of awkward silence. After that he grabbed the bass properly and didn't clap any more  :bigsmile:  :bigsmile:

All in all, it was amazing and brilliant. Finishing with Running Free is one of the best ideas ever.
And last note: Two Eddies is more then one!  :ok:

And, I have to say, I lost a bit of a magic, because I knew the setlist and watched almost all videos with decent quality, so there were only few things to surprise me.

In my opinion the best thing is to not watch videos before, the satisfaction is much more good :).
And about Bruce, wasn't it because they play the songs much faster ? I heard a lot of mistakes by Bruce, and 99% of them were because they play the songs faster.

Yup, although not sure if I'm going actually, they are touring with a festival and it costs a lot of money. There are a few other acts I wouldn't mind seeing though, so I might go. (Alice Cooper, Machine Head, Devin Townsend Project).

Back