The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
I hoped for either Starblind, either Isle of Avalon, either The Alchemist, either Mother of Mercy

-_-

they should at least do Mother of Mercy .Could easily be the highlight of the show. If they want a good rocker this is the best one.

Hello all it has been a while. So 4 of the 5 new songs where very predictable. Sucks they are not playing
Starblind
. Who knows, this could change but if i recall they said during the summer they would play 5 new songs. I have been spoiled in the fact that i have been able to see Maiden many, many times in many countries in my life (im old) Not sure if i am going to trek down to Florida for this one. If i decide not to go i would like a true Maiden fan to go so i will sell my tickets (@ cost) to someone here.

My dream setlist for the tour.
They said they would focus on albums from the last decade, so I did too.
01. The Talisman
02. The Wicker Man
03. Ghost Of The Navigator
04. The Trooper
05. Dance Of Death
06. Rainmaker
07. Starblind
08. Lord Of Light
09. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
10. Brave New World
11. Out Of The Silent Planet
12. The Evil That Men Do
13. Fear Of The Dark
-
14. Coming Home
15. Running Free
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I know they won't exclude Iron Maiden or The Number Of The Beast, but this is a DREAM setlist :bigsmile:

Now, I think that this setlist is what we should expect:
01. The Final Frontier
02. El Dorado
03. Wrathchild
04. The Wicker Man
05. Dance Of Death
06. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
07. Blood Brothers
08. Brave New World
09. The Talisman
10. When The Wild Wind Blows
11. The Trooper
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
-
14. Coming Home
15. The Number Of The Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I don't think they are going to play
the wickerman

I understand that they played it on Give Me Ed but I think in this case if they arn't opening with it they just aren't gonna play it. And personally I think the show would move better with out it.

Habberdasher said:
Forostar, I really hope you are wrong about #9 on your list.

What is a bit disappointing is that you are probably right with at least 80% accuracy. Not to start yet another round of setlist complaints, but Iron Maiden's biggest flaw is the predictability of their setlists. How hard would it be to alternate a couple of songs throughout the tour? I can understand wanting to be well rehearsed, but come on, surprise us a little!
If Metallica can mix it up as much as they do, Maiden certainly can. In fact, I don't think Metallica ever had the same setlist twice on the entire Death Magnetic tour!

I personally don't like that idea. When it comes to rotating setlists, in the end no one really wins. Especially with maiden, if they had different sets every night there would be plenty of little played songs. Here is an example, when they rotated DOD and Paschendale there were people like me who saw DOD and would've much rather seen Paschendale, then there are people who would've rather seen DOD but saw Paschendale instead. With rotating set lists there is more good songs that not everyone gets to see the songs they like and therefore, more set list bitching.
Starblind and IOA rotation can have the same problems. I wouldn't mind because I like them both equally and wouldn't mind which one I heard as long as one was played live. But that's just my opinion and I stand by my above statement.

I might cross the bridge and go to Roskilde to see Maiden

Mother of Mercy is a song that gets no love from me at all actually, so I hope that they won't play that one live. I'd much rather see The Man Who Would Be King

And in my opinion, When the Wild Wind Blows should be in one of the last songs of the set list

Pulling out a gem from The X Factor would be very nice as well. Even though I'm not that big of a fan of Bruce's "new" voice style at all, I am positive that Blood of the World Hands would be gold with Bruce's voice

Forostar said:
I'll go for

Note: I have the idea that if Maiden wants to add some classics, that no songs will be played from either A Matter of Life and Death either Dance of Death, or even both. I am 100% sure that at least one Brave New World song will stay in the set, and that there will not be any nineties songs apart from Fear of the Dark.

Biggest chance is option one: No A Matter of Life and Death songs.
Reason: Breeg is the most likely song to be chosen, but then there'd be too many songs with long intros. Besides, if The Evil That Men Do will return (big chance!), that intro sounds too similar, and The Talisman and WTWWB, and FOTD also all have such long calm intros.

Here we go, place your bets!

1: Satellite 15 (tape) / The Final Frontier
2: El Dorado
3: The Trooper
4: The Wicker Man
5: The Talisman (early in the set because it demands a lot from Bruce's voice)
6. Run to the Hills
7: Coming Home
8: Wildest Dreams
9: When The Wild Wind Blows
10: The Evil That Men Do
11: 2 Minutes to Midnight
12: Fear Of The Dark
13: Iron Maiden
- - - - - - -
14: The Number of the Beast
15: Hallowed Be Thy Name 
16: Running Free

That Would be awesome  :edmetal:

I really don't understand all this bullshit with the spoiler tags! Geez, the tour haven't started yet, we are just expressing our personal option of a set list!

Obey or be banned :D

In other words, it's easier to conceal predictions than various "told you so" comments afterwards. Latter would be more difficult.

As Maiden will no doubts release a live DVD from this tour I'm pretty confident they'll play
a couple off AMOLAD as no song off that album has appeared on an official live release

Now that's an unneeded spoiler.
The AMOLAD official presence would be on already announced, but delayed, Donington 2007 DVD. Keep in mind that all album tours since the "reunion" have official live release or one that's scheduled. I don't see why Final Frontier shouldn't.

When they play the wind sound before When the Wild Wind Blows, people gonna say; " Fuck it's WTWWB, not Alexander the Great!"

Back