1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tailgunner

Discussion in 'No Prayer For The Dying' started by gor, Oct 30, 2003.

?

How good is Tailgunner on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

6.3%
  2. 9

12.5%
  3. 8

18.8%
  4. 7

18.8%
  5. 6

18.8%
  6. 5

12.5%
  7. 4

9.4%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3.1%
  1. national acrobat

national acrobat Ancient Mariner

Re: Daily Song: Tailgunner

I have a feeling you're not going to be too impressed with my vote scores over the next couple of weeks. ;)

2. The Mid-Distance Runner

The Mid-Distance Runner Climb like a lemur!!

Maiden has some brilliant album openers and many solid but not exceptional openers. Unfortunately for Tailgunner the previous 3 openers raised my expectation levels to unrealistic heights. Whilst its a solid song, it is more Invaders, WED or Different World than CSIT or Aces High.

3. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

I am always impressed when someone gives such low grades. :)

4. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

This harsh rocker is one of my favorites. 9/10

5. Wyrdskein

Wyrdskein Invader

I think the lyrics are fine. They scan really well and suit the music perfectly - but then No Prayer is my favourite IM album so I would say that. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is that the chorus is a bit repetitive. 9/10.

6. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

Wyredskein, your definitely in the minority with NP being your favorite. To each their own though. :)

7. Jeffmetal

Jeffmetal Ancient Mariner

8. mckindog

mckindog Living for Sanctuary from the law Staff Member

I know this song has its haters, but I consider it a solid opener. I really love the simple intro and the way the main riff spirals around it, first with the bass, then with the guitars. Add in a few sweeping chords and counter-riffs and the image of the bombers preparing for takeoff is obvious. The rest of the song isn’t as good, but it is a solid, textbook Maiden rocker. I see similarities to the Clairvoyant, in that it starts really strong but fails to keep its momentum. Like that song, this one deserves an eight.[hr][/hr]Hey No 5 I posted before reading. I see I'm not alone with the Clairvoyant comparison.

9. Prowler_108

Prowler_108 Trooper

Not even close to the worst album opener, at least 4 (Invaders, Futureal, Wildest Dreams, Different World) are worst.  Solid 7, unlike most only two No Prayer songs get lower then a 7 from me.

10. Babo 91

Babo 91 Nomad

this song is probably in my bottom 10. the riffs are a little plain and im not a fan of bruce's voice on this one. lyrics are kinda cheesy as well. miost songs on this album will get a 5 or a 6 from me probably except one which will be getting a 10. Im gonna go listen to this album now anyway.

5/10

11. Farhang

Farhang Invader

My least favorite opener.

Even Wildest Dreams and Invaders are a lot better than Tailgunner in my opinion.

7/10 and I`m being generous today.

12. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

Of course you're not alone with that one. It is actually quite obvious ... :)

13. mckindog

mckindog Living for Sanctuary from the law Staff Member

And apparently so am I.  :lol:

14. Vortex

Vortex Invader

Not a real big fan of this album, but this song is one of the better ones from it. It has potential but unfortunatly doesn't deliver the goods. The verses are reasonable but I don't dig the chorus too much. I give it a 7 just.

15. Taker

Taker Cannon Fodder

7 out of 10... This song had the potential to be among the greats, but the chorus and Bruce's vocal kick it down from what could have been a 9. The rest of the lads are creating some real energy though.

16. Unknown One

Unknown One I see the ghost of navigators.

Musically, it's not bad at all. The big problem for me on this song is the lyrics and how Bruce delivers them. If Bruce had sung like he did for the 80s album, then this might be a point or even 2 higher. But it's only a 6 in it's current form.

17. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Great energic atmosphere. Not the worst album opener, had potential. 7/10.

18. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

Intro mimics Clairvoyant, and i think that a lot of people were stunned by the change of style compared to previous two albums. Lyrics are not much to talk about, rockish verses, chorus melodies are great, nice breakdown and solos...pretty average high-energy opener, which i rate 7.

19. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

An ok opener. I like the energy and Bruce's raspy vocal style works on this song. And for the most part, the whole album. I think it was FOTD when the raspyness got bad. 7/10

20. Vap

Vap Ancient Mariner

No prayer for the fillers. Worst opener since Invaders. It's still a ok rocker, but nothing special. 7/10

Edit: accidentally typed "Worst filler since Invaders." I meant worst opener of course.