Tailgunner (UK band)

Boroking

In the mire of an ancient swamp
Thought I’d mention a band I’m a big fan of called Tailgunner, who are a new British old school/ NWOBHM style metal band who released their debut album ‘Guns for Hire’ last year.

I think they’re very, very good with a mixture of thrash, NWOBHM and classic metal influences and a very energetic live show. It’s the first new metal band that I’ve been excited about in years. There are some obvious Maiden influences (aside from the name) in their instrumental sections and some of the song topics.

Their album Guns for Hire doesn’t have a weak track on it and is well worth a listen. A few choice samples below…

White Death

Crashdive

Rebirth

Not bad at all. Lots of potential here but…..Tailgunner is a piss poor name for a band. I thought they were gonna be a maiden tribute band when I saw the name of the thread.

Also the vocal Melodie’s sound a little off to me. Rebirth was much better than White Death, that first song I thought the vocalist was the weak link definitely but he sounded a lot better on rebirth.

Not bad at all. Lots of potential here but…..Tailgunner is a piss poor name for a band. I thought they were gonna be a maiden tribute band when I saw the name of the thread.

Also the vocal Melodie’s sound a little off to me. Rebirth was much better than White Death, that first song I thought the vocalist was the weak link definitely but he sounded a lot better on rebirth.

Rebirth is brilliant, a real stand out for me.

I’m really excited about what they can do with the second album, the bassist founded the band and had written most of the songs in his bedroom so it was sort of formed already when the band was put together. They’re touring their arses off currently and that should hopefully create a slightly more mature second album.

Back