SUPER-RARE MAIDEN RECORD ON EBAY!

HeavyPen

Invader
The Italian Release of the Iron Maiden "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" was an extremely limited edition issued shortly before the band appearance at the Italian Monsters Of Rock in September 1988. This record uniquely combines Picture vinyl, cardboard cover, sticker, poster, S.I.A.E. info sheet featuring tracklist and authorship information. All of these items were featured in the original release and here are included in the auction. The complete package is even rarer than the record itself that is most of the time available with something missing.
As you can notice the release is very different from the UK issue that features plastic transparent cover and the Iron Maiden nylon banner instead of the cardboard cover and the poster-sticker add-on.

VIEW AT EBAY: [a href=\'http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4811266397\' target=\'_blank\']http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4811266397[/a]

Wow. That's an impressive collector's piece. $810??? Quite a proft for whoever was selling it! Unfortunately, I'm not a collector, nor do I have that kind of money, so it wouldn't have interested me. Nice bit of Maiden history though!

However rare it may be, 810 US$ is a fucking rip-off for a bloody record! The guy who bought it must have no idea how much money that actually is!

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jan 9 2006, 10:11 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jan 9 2006, 10:11 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]However rare it may be, 810 US$ is a fucking rip-off for a bloody record! The guy who bought it must have no idea how much money that actually is!
[snapback]126692[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Actually, I've seen things sell for more simply due to their collectability. That's an extremely rare record, and its value will just increase as the years go past. With so many rumours about October's release being Maiden's last studio album and other people gossiping about the band's end being imminent, people are going to want to get a bit of Maiden history, especially if its price will double or treble in future years. You'll probably find that the winner of that bid has loads of other Maiden memorabilia, just sitting in a garage, accumulating dust and money. Probably doesn't even play them, as they're 'too collectible'. Bastard. [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Silky+Jan 11 2006, 07:53 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Jan 11 2006, 07:53 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]With so many rumours about October's release being Maiden's last studio album
[snapback]126779[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Oh, there are rumours about that again? Like in 2003? Like in 2000? Like in 1998? Like in almost every bloody year they released a record?

Whether the rumors are false or not, there'll always be somebody who expects the worst and wants to get a collection ready to sell. What, there were rumors that NotB was going to be their last album? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Silky+Jan 11 2006, 09:54 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Jan 11 2006, 09:54 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Whether the rumors are false or not, there'll always be somebody who expects the worst and wants to get a collection ready to sell.  What, there were rumors that NotB was going to be their last album? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]126797[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure there were people back then who gave them no chance when they switched singers...

I don't think that this will be Maiden's last album...but I expect it will be their second last. 2010 seems to be the last year Maiden expects to do anything...possibly 2012, but I severely doubt even that.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jan 11 2006, 08:11 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jan 11 2006, 08:11 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'm pretty sure there were people back then who gave them no chance when they switched singers...
[snapback]126800[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Hmm, well if Maiden have been supposedly about to go under every time they made a line-up change, they never would have got past 1980 [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--] . I suppose we're always stuck with pessimists. Myself, I want Maiden to keep going a little bit longer after their last album, maybe for a final farewell tour after their last album tour?

Guys, unless a member of the band will be hit by a falling piano after the release of the next album, it will not be their last one. There is no word about it, and I don't see why the "discussion" keeps popping up. I am quite honestly tired of it.

Oh, and by the way: When the next album is released, there are three words I do NOT want to hear: "They lost it".

Back