Summerfest Show....Milwaukee July 4

vomit

Invader
Just wanted to see if anyone from here is going. I booked a room close to the park....and wanted to check and ascertain whether we wanted to mass in the Lobby pre-show and tear up the Joint?

My husband and I are going to the Milwaukee show. If you are looking for something to do before or after the show, there is a tribute band called "Somewhere In Time" playing at a bar near Summerfest called Moct (pronounced "most"). They are supposedly playing 4-5 p.m. and then a post show gig at midnight.

The band has a Facebook --- www.facebook.com/somewhereintimerocks --- with a couple of demos on it. They sound okay. I figure we might show up for the post show gig to try to keep the fire from the Maiden show going!!!

I work in the downtown area, so I will be on watch to see if I spy any band members (especially Janick, since he's known to like to walk around). I've seen celebrities downtown (okay...not sure Eugene Merman counts...but eh), so I am crossing my fingers. I figure any out of town guests would most likely stay at the Pfister because that's probably our nicest hotel. Not that I attempt to bother anyone like that (I think they deserve privacy in that respect), but if I happened to see someone on the street or by accident, I'd certainly wish them a good show and perhaps ask for an autograph.

I really wish I knew if they were flying in or not, as I would LOVE to see the plane above anything else. :) I really find the whole idea of Ed Force One amazing.

My husband and I are going to the Milwaukee show. If you are looking for something to do before or after the show, there is a tribute band called "Somewhere In Time" playing at a bar near Summerfest called Moct (pronounced "most"). They are supposedly playing 4-5 p.m. and then a post show gig at midnight.

The band has a Facebook --- www.facebook.com/somewhereintimerocks --- with a couple of demos on it. They sound okay. I figure we might show up for the post show gig to try to keep the fire from the Maiden show going!!!

I work in the downtown area, so I will be on watch to see if I spy any band members (especially Janick, since he's known to like to walk around). I've seen celebrities downtown (okay...not sure Eugene Merman counts...but eh), so I am crossing my fingers. I figure any out of town guests would most likely stay at the Pfister because that's probably our nicest hotel. Not that I attempt to bother anyone like that (I think they deserve privacy in that respect), but if I happened to see someone on the street or by accident, I'd certainly wish them a good show and perhaps ask for an autograph.

I really wish I knew if they were flying in or not, as I would LOVE to see the plane above anything else. :) I really find the whole idea of Ed Force One amazing.
I'd love to go there....but I will have my kids, so I don't think I will.....hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to Wednesday!!!

He he he...we pooped out and ended up not staying for the cover band, either. It was so hot on the 4th, and we stopped by the bar (it was on our route to our car walking from Summerfest's grounds), but they do this open air thing, and it was way too hot in there. We decided to just walk back to the car & go home. So we were fuddy duddies!!!

What did you think of the show? I though Bruce calling Summerfest "Milwaukeefest" by accident was pretty funny, but I wasn't too amused by the Marcus Amphitheater's size not accommodating the whole Iron Maiden kit. I kind of worried about that when I bought the tickets, though. We ended up going down to Tinley Park (Chicago) the next day to see the "whole" show (plus, I was just geeked up on Iron Maiden and wanted to see it again). I wish that the Rock Fest gig in Cadott didn't seem like a big hassle, otherwise I probably would have just gotten tickets to that gig instead. :)

He he he...we pooped out and ended up not staying for the cover band, either. It was so hot on the 4th, and we stopped by the bar (it was on our route to our car walking from Summerfest's grounds), but they do this open air thing, and it was way too hot in there. We decided to just walk back to the car & go home. So we were fuddy duddies!!!

What did you think of the show? I though Bruce calling Summerfest "Milwaukeefest" by accident was pretty funny, but I wasn't too amused by the Marcus Amphitheater's size not accommodating the whole Iron Maiden kit. I kind of worried about that when I bought the tickets, though. We ended up going down to Tinley Park (Chicago) the next day to see the "whole" show (plus, I was just geeked up on Iron Maiden and wanted to see it again). I wish that the Rock Fest gig in Cadott didn't seem like a big hassle, otherwise I probably would have just gotten tickets to that gig instead. :)

Hey there. Thought the show was excellent. Some sound problems but very enjoyable. My kids loved it. We stayed in our motel room til an hour before so the kids wouldn't get heatstroke! I was bummed when Bruce spoke about the venue size, and now I wished I would have wen to Chi-Town instead!

Back