Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel I must intervene. You are not allowed to stray from the posted topic! It's in the rules.

Welcome to Maidenfans.com, the home of thread jacking and digression since 2003, the year in which the SARS scare had us all fear a global pandemic, but effectively only gave a few people in Toronto a coughing fit. Seriously, it was ridiculous. All the energy devoted to trying to scare us of that could have been used to do something decent that benefited mankind. Like preventing St. Anger from being released. Cod, what a shitty record that was. Lars should have used some proper drums instead of beating pots and trash cans. Ever noticed how Lars rhymes with SARS? I knew a guy called Lars once, he was the barkeeper at a student club, and on the metal parties, he was there together with a DJ, whose name was, and I shit you not, Ulrich. Well, it still is his name, and he's one of my best mates. I once drank an entire bottle of vodka with him that some other bloke stole, but was too pissed to even open. Although I shouldn't make fun of that, the next day was spent having one of the worst hangovers in my life. I still get sick just by thinking of it, and it was five years ago. It was quite an experience...

Welcome to Maidenfans.com, the home of thread jacking and digression since 2003, the year in which the SARS scare had us all fear a global pandemic, but effectively only gave a few people in Toronto a coughing fit. Seriously, it was ridiculous. All the energy devoted to trying to scare us of that could have been used to do something decent that benefited mankind. Like preventing St. Anger from being released. Cod, what a shitty record that was. Lars should have used some proper drums instead of beating pots and trash cans. Ever noticed how Lars rhymes with SARS? I knew a guy called Lars once, he was the barkeeper at a student club, and on the metal parties, he was there together with a DJ, whose name was, and I shit you not, Ulrich. Well, it still is his name, and he's one of my best mates. I once drank an entire bottle of vodka with him that some other bloke stole, but was too pissed to even open. Although I shouldn't make fun of that, the next day was spent having one of the worst hangovers in my life. I still get sick just by thinking of it, and it was five years ago. It was quite an experience...

I wholeheartedly agree with this post.

The new Maiden album is going to be a SARS-themed concept album with Lars Ulrich on pots and pans and Nicko is going to release Eddie vodka in time for St Andrew's day?

Cool.

A Double album would be great,but nowadays its a bad idea to put out a double album because of piracy.But they could do like guns n roses with the illusions,put and album and tour and next year album and tour.That would be a great way to finish.

Ok.Lets leave it at one but great album.

One thing which I've not sure has been highlighted yet: Enough of the cliche song structure. Most of the songs on Final Frontier had a quiet Steve spearheaded opening, Bruce singing softly, Nicko and the guitarists ramp it up as the song picks up, Bruce sings for a bit, guitar solo, Bruce sings for a bit more, quiet ending. Those songs are fine technically but it gets tiresome listening to them one after the other.

I remember that's what people said before TFF, too. And I actually think there is a lot more diversity in that one, as compared to the previous three albums.

That's part of the reason I think El Dorado is the second best song on the album, it's an absolute blast.

They seemed to take a different approach with the soft intros on TFF. They were all very different and had their own style/mood while the ones on AMOLAD got pretty same-y. So as long as they continue to write diverse sounding intros (even if it's the same formula), I'm fine with it.

I don't have a problem with the songs themselves, just the quantity of such songs. I was worn out with TFF by the time WTWWB came on; thankfully it was an excellent song to round off the album, but it would really impair my vision of the album if it was just another standard epic.

I dunno, I was really excited to be getting 5 epics in a row. They were difficult to digest and only IOA and WTWWB really clicked at first, but the rest got there eventually. I enjoyed all on first listen regardless, and they were all unique enough to keep me interested.

But they could do like guns n roses with the illusions,put and album and tour and next year album and tour.That would be a great way to finish.
That would be fantastic, in terms of quantity, and also because it would allow us to have two records in a relatively brief period.

Last edited:
A Double album would be great,but nowadays its a bad idea to put out a double album because of piracy.But they could do like guns n roses with the illusions,put and album and tour and next year album and tour.That would be a great way to finish.

Ok.Lets leave it at one but great album.
I don't see how piracy would be any different if it were a double, single, or triple album. I would love a double album. The first one could have all long, super progressive epics and the second one could have shorter rockers and such. That would rue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back