Steve Harris

I was there, yes, but I didn't stay to meet the band.

It became a family vacation, and Edinburgh seemed like the place in the UK to be in this month. It was completely insane with the Edinburgh International and The Fringe Festival having just begun this past weekend. Streets were crowded - and I lived in the middle of it. Street performers and shows everywhere. As for the British Lion gig, they were as great as they were in Stockholm '13. Minor changes to the setlist, with "Karma Killer" being dropped and a few new songs, but otherwise the same thing. The venue (Studio 24) was beyond disgusting though. Moldy smell and bad air (though the crowd and people were really nice).

Yeah, the venues are verging on the cheap (and not entirely cheerful) side. The Riverside actually had scribbled notes taped on doors like 'dressing room this way'. :D
I can't wait to see what the Duchess is like in York tonight. Looks like a seedy little place, on a particularly dead night of the week.

Crappy venue, incredible atmosphere. That was very special tonight. The audience was going nuts and the band really went along with it. They were all showing the strain by the end, it was so hot in there. I was about three people back from the barrier, with minimal space between stage and barrier. Steve was looking people in the front few rows in the eye when playing. Just wow.

In fact I'm not even going to post any pics from last night, they're too crappy in comparison. :oops:

The aerial video footage from Newcastle is on the previous page. The phone shot of Steve is on FB but not on my laptop yet. He wouldn't stay still, the nippy little bugger. Also, he didn't want to be tickled.

If I show the pics I took with my phone to people, they're just "Where's Steve?" And I'm like, "Right there, that blur." He was literally never standing still.

None of you is mentionning the meetings with the fans before or after the shows. Does he avoid it this year ?

No, I'm sure he's been out and signed stuff for fans, but I didn't wait around for that. I saw some people leaving with what looked like signed fliers after the show at Newcastle, while I was waiting for my taxi.

Back