Sometimes...

A

Anonymous

...wish Blaze Bayley was never in Iron Maiden.

A bold statement but first let me say that Blaze is my favorite vocalist and I follow every bit of his works. Also I loved his work in Maiden and I love his work in BLAZE as well.

But think about it...Blaze was on his way to stardom on his own without Maiden with Wolfsbane. Their two latest releases were highly praised (Massive Noise Injection and Wolfsbane) and were very highly rated. Also Wolfsbane had an extremely stable line up that was built to last until Blaze left. I believe that if Blaze was never in Iron Maiden and stuck with Wolfsbane they would have kept getting more and more attention and could possibly be one of the leading metal bands today. I've also read a lot of biographys of Wolfsbane and there seemed to be no "internal" problems, it seems like Blaze just got the job in Maiden and just sort of left them by a whim.

Discussion: What do you think could have happened with Wolfsbane? Should Blaze have stuck with Wolfsbane and kept going with them? Does anyone agree with me that Wolfsbane could have been one of the leading metal bands today?

Wolfsbane were a great band, and they definitely had potential, but they would have never made it big. Noone cares for their Hard Rock/Metal style today anymore.
Back in the late 80's and early 90's they were the hottest thing, but shortly afterwards the whole "Hard Rock" scene got "destroyed" by Grunge. Wolfsbane would have ended soon afterwards.

I've also read that the new material the band was writing was more "alternative" than the old Wolfsbane stuff, which wasn't really Blaze's style. This is quite in keeping with the Stretch CD the old Wolfsbane guys released shortly after the breakup.

So all in all I'm pretty sure Blaze wouldn't have been able to get as popular as he is now with Wolfsbane.

However, joining Maiden was a blessing and a curse for him, but that's another topic

Back