Slash

Which is your favourite Slash related band?

• Slash's Snakepit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Velvet Revolver

• Solo Slash involving various musicians

• Total voters

Siddharth

Long Distance Trooper
Since we already have a GnR thread, I decided to make one for all the other projects having the guitarist Slash in his full capacity. For the record these bands and albums are:

Slash's Snakepit:
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere (1995)
Ain't Life Grand (2000)

Velvet Revolver:
Contraband (2004)
Libertad (2007)

Solo albums:
Slash (2010)
Orgy Of The Damned (2024)

Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators:
Apocalyptic Love (2012)
World On Fire (2014)
Living The Dream (2018)
4 (2022)

'Orgy Of The Damned' is the latest album soon to be released. It is going to be a Blues based cover album involving different vocalists across a variety of genres, similar to his first solo album. Interestingly, there is one more band (Slash's Blues Ball) which did similar covers, so the release of this album may revive it.

Never got super into Slash's other projects but I really dug his first solo album. It showed him to be a more versatile player than I realized and is just a solid collection of rock songs with some great collaborations.

I've only really heard smatterings of Slash's solo stuff. World on Fire had some great songs (and I saw him on the tour) but was a bit of a drag, it's fourteen songs that all start blurring into one around the halfway point, it doesn't help that I'm not massively keen on Myles' vocals. Ain't Life Grand, Contraband and Slash are all really strong albums, the latter's probably my favourite, I was a bit disappointed that Orgy of the Damned wasn't going to be quite the same.

I sometimes think about who I'd like to hear on a Slash 2.0 album, here are a couple of names:

James Hetfield - Rather than any thrashy stuff I think they could do a cool country/Southern-rock type song.
Zakk Wylde - Similar to Slash he's a bit more versatile than people might think. He'd work well with Hetfield on a country song, actually.
Jerry Cantrell - Being another really versatile artist they could come out with all kinds of great music.
Miley Cyrus - Hell of a vocalist, whether it'd be more pop-based or straight rock she'd absolutely kill it.
Lzzy Hale - Another absolute powerhouse who's kinda wasted in a pretty unremarkable band, with Slash's songwriting behind her she'd really shine.
Dave Mustaine - We know they wrote some stuff together back in the day, let's hear it.

I see myself as a huge Slash/Guns fan, I’m always interested in his work. No one plays like him.

The Snakepit records are great, the first one have lots of songs close to classic Guns. Velvet revolver was pretty good to, like both albums. The 2010 album had lots of potential, but it was a little dissapointing I think. The Conspirator records are pretty good to, just not top notch. It will finally be great to hear a Slash blues album, even if I don’t like blues at all. But he need it out of the system, and do something different from Conspirators. If I have to pick one favorite, I’ll say It’s five o’ clock somewhere, with Apocalyptic love and Contraband after.

1. It’s five o’ clock somewhere
2. Apocalyptic love
3. Contraband
4. Ain’t life grand
5. World on fire
6. Libertad
7. Living the dream
8. Slash
9. 4

But for the poll, I vote GNR. All in all, that’s where his classic work has been played.

Love Slash’ work ethic, it is totally opposite of Axl’s. What I want the most now, is to lock the Guns guys in a studio for a few weeks, to see what they will come up with.

Back