Sixth Powerslave Song Played Live?

He's shouting "Scream For Me Warszawa" - Warszawa stands for Polish name of Warsaw and Bruce usually use this in every Warsaw show through the years. If something's here is distorted, is just a Polish language :D

I have to say that I'm reading this thread with really big curiosity and I'm even little big surprise how persistent in defending his THEORY is @Luisma . Even if I'm full respecting your work on Maiden related subjects and your knowledge, I'm really considering your arguments as a little bit ridiculous. You have to know that through almost a year since I've got this r2r, I spoke about it with various people who were attending this show or even producing it locally (I guess you've never spoke with them). Everyone confirmed that this is defnitely real tape, especially that all of them remembers this times, how specific and weird it was... You saying 'maybe it's a rehearsal recording' - sure, so why there is a crowd noise out here? Come on, just listen to any boot from 84 and the band sound and crowd noise is quite similiar. You asking about the names.... What will it change? Let's say that I'm not up to reveal all the names, especially that's still bootleg unofficial recording, so that means that somebody has done it without authorisation, right? Have you ever seen bootleg with all the personal credits on it? Don't think so.

Of course, again, it's up to every single one to believe it or not. I just decided to share this snippet as a priceless part of Maiden history. For me that fragment was also a big surprise, but I had no reason to not believe in that or treat it as some kind of 'fake'. Especially, as a native Pole, I know how the reality in mid 80's looked like and there were really no room to prepare some kind of 'fakes'.
Can we have the whole recording?

He's shouting "Scream For Me Warszawa" - Warszawa stands for Polish name of Warsaw and Bruce usually use this in every Warsaw show through the years. If something's here is distorted, is just a Polish language :D

I have to say that I'm reading this thread with really big curiosity and I'm even little big surprise how persistent in defending his THEORY is @Luisma . Even if I'm full respecting your work on Maiden related subjects and your knowledge, I'm really considering your arguments as a little bit ridiculous. You have to know that through almost a year since I've got this r2r, I spoke about it with various people who were attending this show or even producing it locally (I guess you've never spoke with them). Everyone confirmed that this is defnitely real tape, especially that all of them remembers this times, how specific and weird it was... You saying 'maybe it's a rehearsal recording' - sure, so why there is a crowd noise out here? Come on, just listen to any boot from 84 and the band sound and crowd noise is quite similiar. You asking about the names.... What will it change? Let's say that I'm not up to reveal all the names, especially that's still bootleg unofficial recording, so that means that somebody has done it without authorisation, right? Have you ever seen bootleg with all the personal credits on it? Don't think so.

Of course, again, it's up to every single one to believe it or not. I just decided to share this snippet as a priceless part of Maiden history. For me that fragment was also a big surprise, but I had no reason to not believe in that or treat it as some kind of 'fake'. Especially, as a native Pole, I know how the reality in mid 80's looked like and there were really no room to prepare some kind of 'fakes'.
Sigh... Here we go with the labelling... You can have your opinion on what you think is theory but let me tell you something. Is not a theory, is based on facts which I have explained and even argued with permanenteddie. I even said, in way or another, that I was open to be proven wrong.

During my years of research I have seen and heard reel to reel tapes and cassettes with recordings claimed to be early gigs from Maiden which weren't (and that took a lot of time to be proven wrong) so excuse me if by now I'm suspicious. Oh and excuse me, if the tape is real and if it was recorded by a radio station then the tape isn't actually a bootleg, is an official recording because the band had to authorise the radio station to make it, therefore, with the name of the of the reporter OR the name of the radio station it would be easy to confirm the information (I myself have contacted many radio and tv stations of many places in the world in order to confirm the dates of some broadcasts and recordings) most recent one was to confirm the appearance of Maiden in a TV show in Italy in 1981 which a newspaper of the time claimed that never happen. I even managed, along with other fans, to contact the TV station in order to try and buy the video to preserve it... And guess what? That recording was authorised by Maiden and credits all the people who made it. So as you see, your whole point (even when you try to sound all clever) names in this case are important... Another thing, yes I HAVE seen bootlegs with credits on it... Haven't you? You can even find them on the net and they say who, for example, made the recording and the person who corrected it.

On why would someone add cheers to the recording? To fool someone into buying it... Once again, I have seen this before. Oh and one last thing, and here's telling everyone what I'm up to even if it proves me wrong (believe me, I would like to) the shows in Poland were a very big thing and at least 2 different reporters from newspapers or music magazines covered the event. This being the case, there must be at least one polish review of the show and probably mentions the setlist, if anyone finds that review, then we have not just one small snippet (source) we have a second source that demostrates the song was played... And that's how I usually confirm everything I say is true... Peole are free to believe whatever they want... Even you

Indeed. Bruce notices a Swedish journalist in the audience of the Wroclaw gig, the fourth show of the tour (12/08/84).
Not only that and this the earliest review I have found. The show in Budapest is the perfect example of what I said, there's a very detailed review of the show so, I'm pretty sure the show Warsaw must have been reviewed by Polish media, so if anyone finds a review of the show then we could have confirmation (or not) of the song that were played...

@Luisma I think people are getting annoyed because you are making claims without providing evidence beyond hearsay. You have been given a response from the person in possession of the reel with information on how he came to obtain the reel. It's a credible story and the recording is also credible. It's reasonable that people find that audio tape combined with the guy's first-hand explanation more believeable than the people you talked to who are working off 40-year-old memories.

Additionally, people are asking you valid questions and are met with responses like "buy my book to learn more" or "you'll have to wait for my next book." If you don't want to divulge information from your book that's fine, don't comment in that case. The forum is for open discussion and many fans use it as a resource, we don't need information here hidden behind a paywall.

To that end, you've been asked publicly several times over the course of three years to contribute to the discussions here instead of just plugging your book, and to keep the book plugs in your book thread and you continue to ignore us. The forum is no longer a free advertising space for your book. If you want to plug the book, put it in your signature: "Interested in where I found out about this? Buy my book." But if somebody asks a question, answer the question, or don't post.

@Luisma I think people are getting annoyed because you are making claims without providing evidence beyond hearsay. You have been given a response from the person in possession of the reel with information on how he came to obtain the reel. It's a credible story and the recording is also credible. It's reasonable that people find that audio tape combined with the guy's first-hand explanation more believeable than the people you talked to who are working off 40-year-old memories.

Additionally, people are asking you valid questions and are met with responses like "buy my book to learn more" or "you'll have to wait for my next book." If you don't want to divulge information from your book that's fine, don't comment in that case. The forum is for open discussion and many fans use it as a resource, we don't need information here hidden behind a paywall.

To that end, you've been asked publicly several times over the course of three years to contribute to the discussions here instead of just plugging your book, and to keep the book plugs in your book thread and you continue to ignore us. The forum is no longer a free advertising space for your book. If you want to plug the book, put it in your signature: "Interested in where I found out about this? Buy my book." But if somebody asks a question, answer the question, or don't post.
Yeezz @Mosh if the comments from Jim Yukich (who happens to be the director of the Behind The Iron Curtain documentary so he definitely has the video recording of the shows + notes), the explanation from Howard Johnson (who is the one who mentioned that 6 songs were played in Kerrang!), one Polish reporter who attended the gig, 2 different fans who went to the gig and Adrian Smith himself is hearsay, then there's nothing that is going to convince anyone.

Now, the "explanation" given may satisfy you but not me who, as have said quite a few times already, have seen people put things out trying to fool others and have make a living from researching the band. As a matter of fact, ever since the supposed tape came out I have also consulted other researchers as well people who I know have the Warsaw gig and everyone has confirmed what I say.. That the song wasn't played.

On the other subjects I have grown more than tired about people such as you making those comments... The people who know about my work know very well that I go the lenght in order to find exclusive information. Some people appreciate it, some others, don't and that's ok. I have even apologised to some people who quite reasonable pointed out certain things but people such as you keep pointing fingers and I'm bored by now... You can go and believe what you want. If anyone is interested in my opinion and wants actual facts they can reach out to me, and I will gladly respond as long they are respectful... You'll be amazed of what kindness brings to people... in the meantime, you can keep on dreaming about listening real things that have been recorded and unreleased ;)

Last edited:
@Luisma All these things which you are telling are about to be ok, but you still don't get that Poland in 1984 was a little bit more wilder than you can imagine. It was last country before the Soviet Union border, Hungary or Yugoslavia were not so "wild" as Poland these days... Even without that, some trivia about radio journalists at the shows:
- not every radio journalist having an accreditation to the gig are allowed to record it;
- not every radio journalist going for a gig is going to record it, sometimes it's not necessary to do a good radio report;
- to record a gig you need a full professional recorders with access to FOH system, let's say that hand-recorder is not enough;
- media passes are going not only from the band directly, but also from the promoter.
And now according to the mid 80's in Polish Behind the Iron Curtain reality:
- the promoters security guards had their own standards;
- according to my colleague, some security guards completely don't cared what people bring into entrance (times changed)
- if you had a pass (sticker with Eddie), security thought that you can bring anything you want inside (recorders, cameras, etc.)

So as you see, you don't had to have a direct agreement with the management or the band to record the show. It's just not working like that. So, the reel-to-reel tape wasn't recorded legally, it's classic unauthorized recording, bootleg in a very direct meaning.

Anyway, I'm not here to prove anything, as the proof was revealed. I'm just have a feeling, that you levering that, because it's not going in line with your research. If you'll someday visit Poland, just drop me a line, we will listen to this tape together and discuss every single detail :) Take care!

@Luisma All these things which you are telling are about to be ok, but you still don't get that Poland in 1984 was a little bit more wilder than you can imagine. It was last country before the Soviet Union border, Hungary or Yugoslavia were not so "wild" as Poland these days... Even without that, some trivia about radio journalists at the shows:
- not every radio journalist having an accreditation to the gig are allowed to record it;
- not every radio journalist going for a gig is going to record it, sometimes it's not necessary to do a good radio report;
- to record a gig you need a full professional recorders with access to FOH system, let's say that hand-recorder is not enough;
- media passes are going not only from the band directly, but also from the promoter.
And now according to the mid 80's in Polish Behind the Iron Curtain reality:
- the promoters security guards had their own standards;
- according to my colleague, some security guards completely don't cared what people bring into entrance (times changed)
- if you had a pass (sticker with Eddie), security thought that you can bring anything you want inside (recorders, cameras, etc.)

So as you see, you don't had to have a direct agreement with the management or the band to record the show. It's just not working like that. So, the reel-to-reel tape wasn't recorded legally, it's classic unauthorized recording, bootleg in a very direct meaning.

Anyway, I'm not here to prove anything, as the proof was revealed. I'm just have a feeling, that you levering that, because it's not going in line with your research. If you'll someday visit Poland, just drop me a line, we will listen to this tape together and discuss every single detail :) Take care!
Mate, thank you very much for explaining. I do a certain amount about Poland those days because of the research but is always nice to learn more.

At first I thought you said that the recording was made for radio broadcast, but now I understand what you said it was a bootleg and if it was recorded as you say, is definitely a bootleg.

As I said to you before, I do keep an open mind about things because if not it just wouldn't make sense to keep on researching because I would already know it all! So if I ever visit Poland it would be awesome to meet. I promise to also bring you some nice very early recordings of the band so we can have a full day of discussions about recordings!

Take care

Mate, thank you very much for explaining. I do a certain amount about Poland those days because of the research but is always nice to learn more.

At first I thought you said that the recording was made for radio broadcast, but now I understand what you said it was a bootleg and if it was recorded as you say, is definitely a bootleg.

As I said to you before, I do keep an open mind about things because if not it just wouldn't make sense to keep on researching because I would already know it all! So if I ever visit Poland it would be awesome to meet. I promise to also bring you some nice very early recordings of the band so we can have a full day of discussions about recordings!

Take care
Sounds cool to me! You are more than welcome here.

By the way - it can sounds interesting for you and everyone at all - here in Poland there is a preparation to releasing a book about first Maiden visit in Poland. For now the authors are collecting the materials and all the necessary informations. They've already contacted me in that case and all the promoters and local crew members as well. Who knows what the can reveal in that book... :)

By the way - it can sounds interesting for you and everyone at all - here in Poland there is a preparation to releasing a book about first Maiden visit in Poland. For now the authors are collecting the materials and all the necessary informations. They've already contacted me in that case and all the promoters and local crew members as well. Who knows what the can reveal in that book... :)
Don't we have enough books already? All we need is a CD with the gigs, Video would be welcome too

Awesome news! This kind of books always help get stories straight, especially when those personally involved in the organisation of the promoting and concert interviene. Will definitely look forward to it! :)

Don't we have enough books already? All we need is a CD with the gigs, Video would be welcome too
It depends really. If they're well research and written, they are always welcomed. If they just repeat information or make wild speculations sold as the truth, then we definitely don't need more books.

Of course, cds with gigs and videos are always welcomed.

in the meantime, you can keep on dreaming about listening real things that have been recorded and unreleased ;)

I don't get this. Seriously. Maiden are not Zeppelin or the Allmen or Grateful Dead, they play things mostly the same. I mean, friggin' Dream Theater, who I often see to be considered the epitome of lifeless and sterile on stage could rotate setlists, turn into medleys and quite randomly quote other musical pieces (I remember Jordan jokingly quoting the Simpsons' theme somewhere in his solo).

I love the band, it's been part of my life longer than I remember, definitely the longest of the bands I still listen to today. I am excited by their music, seeing or hearing them live... but nitpicking and obsessing over individual shows because 'H missed a note or something, I just don't get it.
You know what'd intrigue me? A bootleg of a show where they didn't play Iron Maiden as the closer, or even not at all. With Dickinson, because, duh, I have ears. But as a curio, I don't even need to hear it myself, just to know it exists.

I mean, all the respect to you lot, I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but this Holy-Grail-Eyes-Wide-Shut-Secret-Society-Prestigious-Bootlegging attitude

Besides all of what I have said, I'm old enough to have seen many people get scammed by "snippets" or people wanting to get attention for whatever reason.

Unfortunately that's not always how it works. In my case I have personally waited for years (in some case more than 20!) to hear certain stuff and under strict rules. I have even heard uncirculated stuff practially no one knows about with the only intention of deepining my research

seems really excessive, bordering on creepy. Are you sure you don't have secret logos on banknotes or something?

Like I said, to each his own, just don't be surprised if someone writes The Protocols of the Meetings of the Learned Elders of Maiden or something, one of these days.

Okay, mates, come at me with the angry reactions now, I've braced myself.

I love the band, it's been part of my life longer than I remember, definitely the longest of the bands I still listen to today. I am excited by their music, seeing or hearing them live... but nitpicking and obsessing over individual shows because 'H missed a note or something, I just don't get it.
That's one of the main interests when you collect Iron Maiden bootlegs. Because as you said, with Maiden their setlists stay pretty much the same, so when you start, you just want to have the best sounding bootlegs from each tour (or at least 2 or 3). Then once this step is done, you may have two options: either you are a huge collector (as I used to be) and like to have each and every show available (same goes for those, which I'm again part of, that collects different versions of the same album; here you can say, the music is always the same, why bother? Well that's the point for collectors, they like to have everything that may be available) or you might start looking for specific shows either the ones they attended or the ones where something special happened. So yeah, that's the main goal here.
I mean, all the respect to you lot, I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but this Holy-Grail-Eyes-Wide-Shut-Secret-Society-Prestigious-Bootlegging attitude

seems really excessive, bordering on creepy. Are you sure you don't have secret logos on banknotes or something?

Like I said, to each his own, just don't be surprised if someone writes The Protocols of the Meetings of the Learned Elders of Maiden or something, one of these days.

An analogy can be made with albums and their different versions. Some are very common and not expensive, some it takes months or years before you might have a chance to have one (because they're rare and/or expensive). And for bootlegs, well, you may have two different point of views here: those (that I particularly don't like), that brag about something they have and that they won't share, basically are just showing off. And then there are some others where, out of respect for the taper, where he has asked for his recording not be shared and available to everyone and everywhere (without showing off). And, since it is his/her recording, he/she has the right to say what to do with it and if its will is to keep it for him or just to share with some friends, people that he trusts...well, I think we should respect that as well. So its not excessive, creepy. It's just that sometimes someone took some risks to record a show (remember that before Iphones and other stuff, you couldn't get into any venue with a camera or any recording device, so it wasn't always easy to have a show recorded) and he feels like "I took all the risks, maybe I didn't enjoy all the show because I was taking care of the recording, so why give it for free to everyone over the Internet?"

Of course, personnally, on one hand, I wish I could have had all the recordings I have now easily but on the other hand that's what was fun about collecting, sometimes you have to be patient until get what you are looking for! At least, that's my point of view

Take care

Can we have the whole recording?
I know how annoying is having your question unanswered, so I'll try to answer in the best way I can...

Of course the simplest thing I can do with this recording is to rip this material and share it on YouTube in full. Yes, I can do it, as reel-to-reel tape is digitalized since the very first listen. But...

Don't understand me wrong, but as a long time fan I have a lot of respect to the band's work and everything what they've done. Let's say that putting this kind of grail just into YouTube for me is a form of disrespect. As I'm native Pole, these 26 minutes of material means more to me than any other fan recording. So the only way to put it in public is some kind of noble form... What kind of 'noble form'? Don't know yet, maybe as a part of the 'polish' box set? Maybe some special vinyl with dedicated cover art?

To be absolutely honest with you, I'm also waiting for some kind of miracle and counting that the original recorded tape will someday get out from the vault with all it's grace, with full version of BITV and maybe other rarities? According to my colleague words, "it should be somewhere". But where? Since almost a year I'm stressing him up in that case, still asking him about searching for that. So maybe someday he will find it? Or maybe it's just an urban legend and the old man just forgot some details from the history? Hard to tell.

I don't get this. Seriously. Maiden are not Zeppelin or the Allmen or Grateful Dead, they play things mostly the same. I mean, friggin' Dream Theater, who I often see to be considered the epitome of lifeless and sterile on stage could rotate setlists, turn into medleys and quite randomly quote other musical pieces (I remember Jordan jokingly quoting the Simpsons' theme somewhere in his solo).

You know what'd intrigue me? A bootleg of a show where they didn't play Iron Maiden as the closer, or even not at all. With Dickinson, because, duh, I have ears. But as a curio, I don't even need to hear it myself, just to know it exists.

Loved your comments and all that I will say is that even when I have very good friends in the so called-secret Maiden society (that's not really their name but you get my meaning) the more that somethings are explained to me, the weirder it gets... Is really like the fight club stuff but hey, I just try to enjoy what I can and try to share with people what I can and what I have learned as I know that some people really want to hear some stuff... And hopefully when Maiden folds, they will release some 1977 stuff as well as some early 1980 live shows that I KNOW they're stored in their vaults.

Me but mostly another guy (That has the Warzaw gig on tape or CD) checked the clips this night and it seems to be cut and paste. For example scream for me Warsaw is from the track Iron maiden and never used before 22 Acacia Avenue as it usually goes 22 22 22 Acacia Avenue, and also the beginning of Back in the village is probably the band The Iron Maidens from youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_F5FeupBsQ

And also there is a gig from Warzaw that you can download on a FB page but that gig is from Wroclaw and the Warsaw gig is actually super rare and only a few people have it (including the guy I know) and Back in the Village is not on that tape I can confirm.

I know how annoying is having your question unanswered, so I'll try to answer in the best way I can...

Of course the simplest thing I can do with this recording is to rip this material and share it on YouTube in full. Yes, I can do it, as reel-to-reel tape is digitalized since the very first listen. But...

Don't understand me wrong, but as a long time fan I have a lot of respect to the band's work and everything what they've done. Let's say that putting this kind of grail just into YouTube for me is a form of disrespect. As I'm native Pole, these 26 minutes of material means more to me than any other fan recording. So the only way to put it in public is some kind of noble form... What kind of 'noble form'? Don't know yet, maybe as a part of the 'polish' box set? Maybe some special vinyl with dedicated cover art?

To be absolutely honest with you, I'm also waiting for some kind of miracle and counting that the original recorded tape will someday get out from the vault with all it's grace, with full version of BITV and maybe other rarities? According to my colleague words, "it should be somewhere". But where? Since almost a year I'm stressing him up in that case, still asking him about searching for that. So maybe someday he will find it? Or maybe it's just an urban legend and the old man just forgot some details from the history? Hard to tell.
If you want to get your tape out on Vinyl then there are many bootleg record companies than can assist you on this. You can also get it out on CD which is much easier, I can help you with the artwork.

Back