Silly polls march on: Plurals

What is the best Maiden song whose title ends with a plural noun?

• Blood On The World's Hands

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Invaders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Run To The Hills

• Revelations

• The Duellists

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Wasted Years

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Infinite Dreams

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Lord Of The Flies

• Blood On The World's Hands

• Como Estais Amigos

• Blood Brothers

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Dream Of Mirrors

• Wildest Dreams

• No More Lies

• Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
As usual, explain your vote.

Oops. I think I made a list of choices with so much awesome, I stand dumbfounded and cannot select one.

First some honorable mentions: Revelations, Wasted Years, Blood Brothers and Dream Of Mirrors are all excellent, but not enough.

BTATS is even better, and almost good enough to win. But not quite...

I have to give it to Infinite Dreams. I love the guitar riffs, and that fast 12/8 feel in the second half.

Brighter than a thousand is just perfection. I love how Nicko seems to play against the instruments instead of with them. It gives the song an edge of some sort and combined with great vocallines and lyrics it's a winner.

Como Estais Amigos.

Honestly, i dunno why i love this song so much - but i think its just "one of those songs". The kinda thing i'd have played at my funeral.
Blaze's vocals are really great too.

I copy the Minister on this one. Nearly every song in this list is great, but I simply love Infinite Dreams. The bass is awesome and the song has so many great motifs/parts - and then there's that great scream  :D ... Gotta listen to it right now.

BTATS, Wasted Years, the BNW tracks and The Duellists also belong to my favourite songs,

Hrmpf, very tough choice. These are my 3 favs:

Infinite Dreams - best vocals
(maybe my favourite vocal lines from all Maiden songs - normally I am not so busy with lyrics and vocals but this is one of the very few songs which I have to sing along with - just magic)

Brighter Than A Thousand Suns - best Bruce lyrics
(I guess Bruce's most intruiging lyrics ever made for a Maiden song -> that's because of the topic, but he surely knows how to bring it)

The Duellists: my favourite solos + overall instrumental part in this list

Start laughing.... because I guess I am going for this track, but tomorrow it could be Infinite Dreams.

Oh god, tough choice. It really boiled down to Infinite Dreams, Blood Brothers, and No More Lies for me. No More Lies won out, but it's really a matter of picking names out of a hat.

Looking at the list, Infinite Dreams jumps out as an obvious choice.  Since Run to the Hills broke Maiden onto the world scene, and is still a kick-ass song (even though it is overplayed and therefore somewhat maligned on this forum) I give it Honorable Mention.  But it simply doesn't stack up as great art like Infinite Dreams. 

SinisterMinisterX said:
As usual, explain your vote.

Oops. I think I made a list of choices with so much awesome, I stand dumbfounded and cannot select one.

First some honorable mentions: Revelations, Wasted Years, Blood Brothers and Dream Of Mirrors are all excellent, but not enough.

BTATS is even better, and almost good enough to win. But not quite...

I have to give it to Infinite Dreams. I love the guitar riffs, and that fast 12/8 feel in the second half.

I concur.  Crisp music and lyrics.

No More Lies. Just an all-round great song, but the lyrics and solos are just blinding.

Runners-up:

Killers
Lord of the Flies
Infinite Dreams

But generally, most of the songs in this list are amazing.

Back