Short-answer questions

I've always felt the most friction from Bruce and Steve, but ironically the most overall amount of respect from Bruce and Steve. That's something I've always admired about them. They butt heads a lot but ultimately have a huge respect for the other's abilities.

So I didn't have a chance to get merch at the Antwerp show, but I'll be going to London on holiday in a couple weeks and I was wondering if I can buy official merch from a physical shop in London? Is this an option?

Extremely urgent question which has been in the back of my mind for over a decade... *drum rolling*

Does anyone know the exact time when Bruce cut his hair from the medium lenght Skunksworks hair to short hair? It is certain that it happened between June 10th 1996 and April 23rd 1997 (from AOB promo tour) because there are pictures of him on both dates. But assuming he kept the "medium" hair until the end of Skunksworks tour, that means he had it until August atleast.

As I don´t own the Accident of Birth album (shame on me), I don´t know the specific time when it was recorded if it was mentioned in the pages of the cover, and there is no info on the web. Since it was released in May 1997, I assume it was recorded at the very latest in January-February 1997, in which time Bruce must have had short hair, since around that time they must have taken the promo pictures of him, in which he has short hair. Notably, quite a bit shorter than in the aforementioned AOB promo tour picture. There is also footage of Bruce appearing in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks premiere episode which aired in November 1996, but that was filmed in the previous summer.

One last thing: Bruce mentions in his book that he had cut his hair and was considering other options than music when Roy Z contacted him and he decided to have one more go at music. That must have been late 1996 since it takes a bit time to write an album, not ages but a couple of months probably. It is not clear however if he meant the Skunksworks hair or short hair, but I assume the latter. Thus I´d imagine they started working on the AOB before the Christmas because they must have started recording right after New Year.

Conclusion and my best educated guess: He cut his hair short between August 1996 and December 1996.

Thanks for possible answer and sorry if my lenghty question is a bit unclear at times. Thankfully only the answer needs to be brief :)

Last edited:
I would take the chronological details on Bruce’s autobiography with a pinch of salt. There are several factual mistakes on the book.

I have a question regarding the Iron Maiden Facebook page.
I visited it today and by chance I saw that a lot of comments are liked by fake accounts, "Steve Harris" several times, "Bruce Dickinson", even "Bruce dickinson_Official", Janick Gers, "Janick Gers personal page". What's behind that?
I know that sites sometimes impersonate celebrities to promote products, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Is it just weird fans that are doing this?
Iron Maiden doesn't seem to mind, otherwise they would make Facebook delete these pages.

I visited it today and by chance I saw that a lot of comments are liked by fake accounts, "Steve Harris" several times, "Bruce Dickinson", even "Bruce dickinson_Official", Janick Gers, "Janick Gers personal page". What's behind that?
I know that sites sometimes impersonate celebrities to promote products, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Is it just weird fans that are doing this?
Iron Maiden doesn't seem to mind, otherwise they would make Facebook delete these pages.
I’ve noticed that a lot recently too. I’ve even had some of my comments liked by these fake accounts and I hardly ever comment there. Some comments I’ve had liked are over 3 years old.

I’m guessing these fake accounts are hoping a few fans think they are real and send them friends requests at which point they’ll attempt to steal info and hack accounts or groom fans into giving them money. Definitely something suss but not much the band can do as I’m guessing shutting them down they’ll just pop back up.

I’ve noticed that a lot recently too. I’ve even had some of my comments liked by these fake accounts and I hardly ever comment there. Some comments I’ve had liked are over 3 years old.

I’m guessing these fake accounts are hoping a few fans think they are real and send them friends requests at which point they’ll attempt to steal info and hack accounts or groom fans into giving them money. Definitely something suss but not much the band can do as I’m guessing shutting them down they’ll just pop back up.

I've seen this happen regularly on some other bands Facebook-pages aswell.
Sometimes they only like posts but sometimes they left their own replies back to the fans and some might even think that they might be the actual persons that they have named their account. I think they are really easy to spot, especially if they post some suspicious reply.

Yes, I looked at one of "Janick's" pages. Apparently there might actually be some fans who think this is real.
There were comments like "I love you, Janick." or "Great photo of you!"
And then at some point you get a message that "Janick" urgently needs 10000 $?
Also strange how many of these pages there are for each member. :D

To catch his breath... The only one who can get away with breathing in the mike and still sound cool being David Coverdale. ;)

It is just a way of not saturating the mike with a signal with too much power when projecting the voice belting out those notes (something that Coverdale could only dream of doing :lol: ).

Are "More Tea Vicar" and "Pass The Jam" the only Maiden songs where all current six members are given songwriting credits?

Back