SABATON SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> Carolus Rex wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
SURVIVOR_RULES_015.jpg

Eliminated:
No Bullets Fly - 4 votes
Far From The Fame - 4 votes

No Bullets Fly and Far From The Fame lost the tiebreaker against Gott Mit Uns and Night Witches, based on the average number of votes.

Top 10 begins!

I think this is actually a pretty fair top 10. No Bullets Fly is my personal favourite song that is missing.

The top ten came quicker than I expected. I don't think Night Witches and Wolfpack are top ten worthy. So I'll vote for those two and Carolus.

ADHD Night Witches

:huh:

I'm not very big on Night Witches, but I don't know what ADHD has to do with it.

On another note, going back to Heroes, I feel that the album's really strong point are To Hell and Back and the last four songs. The rest is disposable. Night Witches is forgettable, No Bullets Fly and Inmate fall significantly short of their ambitions, Ballad of Bull is horrid and Smoking Snakes really is a bit too close to Aces in Exile. The other 5 songs on the other hand are immediate, brilliant Sabaton classics that pound, kill and destroy. Except for Hearts of Iron which is a worthy, poignant album closer that sends shivers down my spine.

Last edited:
On another note, going back to Heroes, I feel that the album's really strong point are To Hell and Back and the last four songs. The rest is disposable. Night Witches is forgettable, No Bullets Fly and Inmate fall significantly short of their ambitions, Ballad of Bull is horrid and Smoking Snakes really is a bit too close to Aces in Exile. The other 5 songs on the other hand are immediate, brilliant Sabaton classics that pound, kill and destroy. Except for Hearts of Iron which is a worthy, poignant album closer that sends shivers down my spine.

I completely agree about Soldier of 3 Armies and Hearts of Iron. I find Resist and Bite to be rather short-sighted and hollow at the end of the day, though I still quite like it. Far From the Fame is tied with Smoking Snakes for the second worst song on the album (after the obvious Ballad of Bull). Night Witches and No Bullets Fly are rousing, awesome songs that each manage to do something slightly different while still retaining a traditional Sabaton sound.

SURVIVOR_RULES_015.jpg

Top 10
The Lion From The North / Lejonet Från Norden
10. Night Witches

Back