SABATON SURVIVOR 2013: Results -> Primo Victoria wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
SURVIVOR_RULES_006.jpg

I also included some bonus songs from Re-Armed album editions.

Last edited:
This was tough, both of these albums are pretty awesome.

Metal Machine
The March To War
Shotgun
Dead Soldier's Waltz
Angels Calling
Metal Crüe
Nightchild

Angels Calling is probably one of my favourite Sabaton songs. Hypnotizing riff and groove. :shred:
Also one of the better vocal performances and solos. Add the Arabic/Eastern touch and you get the perfect song.

Angels Calling is really cool, Foro. One of the lesser celebrated songs from their catalog.

Reign of Terror
Into the Fire
METAL MACHINE
The March to War
Shotgun
Dead Soldier's Waltz
We Burn
Back in Control
METAL CRUE
Nightchild

Never heard Nightchild until now. The chorus is virtually identical to "Purple Heart".

SURVIVOR_RULES_006.jpg

Eliminated:
The March To War - 5 votes
Shotgun - 5 votes
Nightchild - 5 votes
Metal Machine - 4 votes
Dead Soldier's Waltz - 4 votes
Metal Crüe - 4 votes

Last edited:
Reign of Terror
Counterstrike
Stalingrad
In the Name of God

Ugg. Stalingrad is just cod-awful. And you just voted for three of my favourites.

Rhythmically, the song goes all over the place, and it just keeps changing with no sense of aesthetics. Yeah, there are a lot of breaks, but quantity is not automatically quantity. They're just annoying, as is the awful vocal melody and the out-of-place keyboard. It's their worst and most annoying regular album song, IMHO.

It keeps changing? Mwah, it's metal, but no At the Gates or something. ;-)
but quantity is not automatically quantity.
Indeed, it is quality. ;-P
Well, we obviously have different tastes here. It's not only the changes and the use of such rhythms but I am also spellbound by the melodies, love that Arabic/Eastern vibe.

I prefer this stuff way more over imo less original and less strong melodic (which is subjective, I admit) songs like Attero Dominatus. That one is so Nightwish - Wishmaster.

I still can't decide which songs will get my votes. I'll have to listen to all of them again.

Back