RUSH: 'Clockwork Angels' North American Release Date Revealed

This is a great album! Very little to whine about. The last time I was this immersed in a Rush album was 'Counterparts'.

And this one is definitely getting better with each listen.

First impression: not surprised you love it Mosh - heavier and more progressive than anything they've done in a long time. It's right down your alley. Nothing leaped out and grabbed me, but overall I liked the sound and direction. Feels like it will be a grower.

Second impression: Caravan and BU2B are far better songs than I realized from my brief early exposure. The instrumental section in the former is vintage Rush, the chorus of the second is excellent. Clockwork Angels, Seven Cities of Gold, The Anarchist (and Headlong Flight, which I already love) are heavy, with many interesting parts, like the best stuff on AMOLAD. Can't believe the Wreckers didn't grab me on first listen, because that is one catchy, bittersweet melody. And the Garden is very interesting, unlike anything they've ever done. A definite grower and one likely to have some serious staying power.
Big thumbs up. Hard to picture serious Rush fans not loving this one.

Bu2B's chorus kind of reminds me of the chorus to New World Man.

My first impression of this album is that it has a shit ton of imagery. I love that. The lyrics are beautifully penned. And there's the perfect marriage of heavy guitars and progressive song structures. Just a great album.

The Garden is exquisite.

My first impression of this album is that it has a shit ton of imagery. I love that. The lyrics are beautifully penned.

So is the story a metaphor for Neil's personal life journey?
I read somewhere that the perspective of Headlong Flight is not one he shares. But the pieces generally do seem to fit.
After what he's gone through I hope he's in a headspace like that described in The Garden.
It's a better place than the pain of Vapor Trails and the brutally depressing worldview of Snakes and Arrows.

Speaking of Neil, do you guys think his playing seems more relaxed on this one, looser?
Its not that he's gotten sloppy, he just seems to be thinking less, letting it flow.

He's definitely gotten looser. It may have to do with him not having written parts and letting the producer conduct him.

Lee's change of drumming will come back in this mega interview with Lee & Billy Corgan. Enjoy!

Mega interviews in two parts: Billy Corgan together with Geddy Lee
Part one: Geddy Lee and Billy Corgan talk albums vs singles
Rush, Smashing Pumpkins stars on music in an iPod era
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...nd-billy-corgan-talk-albums-vs-singles-549792

Part two: Geddy Lee and Billy Corgan on concept albums, jamming, singing and more
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...oncept-albums-jamming-singing-and-more-550329

Very interesting article.
Love to read about artists talking about their art.

Very nice album. It's also album of the month in Holland's leading Hard Rock and Metal magazine Aardschok.
Will share a few more thoughts on it some time later.

Anybody else planning to go see them on tour? After missing the Time Machine Tour and subsequently seeing it on DVD (and then kicking myself in the ass for missing it), I am really excited to hear the new material played lived.

Same story with Time Machine for me.
First leg of the tour didn't have a date near me.

I'm embarassed to admit that Rush came to my city for the Time Machine tour. I still have no idea why I didn't end up going. I went to other shows during that time frame (Devo and *cough* Iron Maiden), so it may have been a money issue, but...I messed up big time. Did not make that mistake again.

Also missed the Time Machine Tour.

I'd love to see Rush lives but their ticket prices are pretty high.

Also missed the Time Machine Tour, but to be honest that was on purpose. It was an expensive concert year so I wanted to spend a bit less money. Yes I missed "vital" songs like Vital Signs and The Camera Eye, but I thought it would be good to skip Rush for once.

Saw them the previous two tours (one of these tours two days on a row, and I am even on the DVD release of these gigs!)

I already have a Dutch 2013 date in sight but I don't dare to get a ticket. First I want to see what Maiden will be doing (no dates yet). Must say I am excited to hear new material live as well, like mskatonic.

Mckindog will you be going this tour? -> http://www.rush.com/clockworkangelstour.php

Mckindog will you be going this tour? -> http://www.rush.com/clockworkangelstour.php

No Vancouver date :(

I'm considering the Seattle show, but it's on a Tuesday and would require time off work and a chunk of cash.
Like to bring my wife since Rush is one of just a few of my bands she tolerates :D.

She was actually planning to take me away to Seattle for a weekend getaway to Time Machine.
But we were short on cash at the time and I talked her out of it.
Not one of my better decisions.

I'm on Vancouver Island, so it's two hours by ferry to the mainland, then another two hours or so across the border and down to Seattle.

Back