Rtth (live) / Phantom Of The Opera Action Figure

Tokus

Prowler
Yes, NECA, who brought us the wonderful Somewhere In Time and Piece Of Mind action figures, will be doing more Maiden figures!

Check out the picture below, from the Toy Fair in New York:

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?o...=index&id=71579

or on the official Neca site:

phantomeddie.jpg

http://www.necaonline.com/phantomeddie.html

[!--quoteo(post=128899:date=Feb 12 2006, 09:35 PM:name=Hunlord)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Hunlord @ Feb 12 2006, 09:35 PM) [snapback]128899[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The Live After Death one has to be the best I've ever seen ::
[/quote]
I still wouldn't buy any of them. What's the point in buying something that will stay inside the packaging forever?

[!--quoteo(post=128900:date=Feb 12 2006, 09:38 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Feb 12 2006, 09:38 PM) [snapback]128900[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I still wouldn't buy any of them. What's the point in buying something that will stay inside the packaging forever?
[/quote]

You can take 'm out, you know. And put 'm somewhere nice to display.

Wow, so everyone will know just how much money you have to waste on totally useless things, only made to cough up some more money from die-hard fans and collectors... [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=128900:date=Feb 12 2006, 09:38 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Feb 12 2006, 09:38 PM) [snapback]128900[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]
I take them out and have them nicley displayed around my desk, it adds sthe Eddie factor and makes the most boring item something metal ::

I think you guys are being a bit harsh now. As most people here will know, I'm one of the first to criticize rip-off merchandise, but I think this is something else. It's a nicely done series of Eddie figures which are meant to be collectibles. People collect all sorts of stuff, from coins which they won't pay with to old books which they rarely read, so why not these nice Eddie figures? I personally don't have the money for it right now, but I wouldn't mind owning a nice Trooper or LAD figurine. It's quite frankly not much different from having a Maiden poster in your room. You are a fan and you like to display it, to yourself and to others. Keep in mind we're not talking about a ridiculous pair of shoes or an Iron Maiden condom (how weird does that sound anyway) here, but neatly crafted figurines which people actually like to look at.

I own The Trooper figure (a present from a good friend of mine [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /] ) and I'm quite proud of it. It sits on my Maiden shelves and gives them an extra look and feel that I really like. It's all a matter of personal taste. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=128933:date=Feb 13 2006, 04:09 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 13 2006, 04:09 PM) [snapback]128933[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
It's quite frankly not much different from having a Maiden poster in your room. You are a fan and you like to display it, to yourself and to others.
[/quote]
I suppose you're right here about the poster. I don't have any posters either but I do have a few T-shirts. I suppose there is an element of fashion in everything we do, if not, we would all wear cheap but practical clothes ::

[!--quoteo(post=128900:date=Feb 12 2006, 02:38 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Feb 12 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]128900[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
What's the point in buying something that will stay inside the packaging forever?
[/quote]
I agree completely. That's why the two figures I have (NotB, SiT) were removed from their boxes and are proudly displayed in my basement.

The value of "collectible" items is based on two things: rarity and quality. Rarity is more important. If an item is exceedingly rare, even low-quality instances can have significant value. None of these items is likely to become rare, so I don't think they make sense as collectibles.

[!--quoteo(post=129078:date=Feb 16 2006, 07:11 PM:name=SinisterMinisterX)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Feb 16 2006, 07:11 PM) [snapback]129078[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]...proudly displayed in my basement...[/quote]That sounds like you have a great deal of pride there, SMX [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129078:date=Feb 16 2006, 06:11 PM:name=SinisterMinisterX)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Feb 16 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]129078[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I agree completely. That's why the two figures I have (NotB, SiT) were removed from their boxes and are proudly displayed in my basement.

The value of "collectible" items is based on two things: rarity and quality. Rarity is more important. If an item is exceedingly rare, even low-quality instances can have significant value. None of these items is likely to become rare, so I don't think they make sense as collectibles.
[/quote]

They don't make sense as collectibles in the sense of "collect with the purpose of selling when they're worth more"

[!--quoteo(post=128850:date=Feb 12 2006, 09:11 AM:name=Tokus)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Tokus @ Feb 12 2006, 09:11 AM) [snapback]128850[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Yes, NECA, who brought us the wonderful Somewhere In Time and Piece Of Mind action figures, will be doing more Maiden figures!

Check out the picture below, from the Toy Fair in New York:

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?o...=index&id=71579

or on the official Neca site:

phantomeddie.jpg

http://www.necaonline.com/phantomeddie.html
[/quote]

Sorry to be extremely picky, but that little metal plate on Eddie's head should not be there as, chronologically, Phantom Of The Opera comes before PoM, which is when Eddie gets this curious little thing that, I think, holds his head on and his brain in.

As silly as this may seem, I just think that would really annoy me if I bought it. Feel free to call me anal.

[!--quoteo(post=129603:date=Feb 23 2006, 02:28 PM:name=Not_Bruce_Dickinson)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Not_Bruce_Dickinson @ Feb 23 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]129603[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Feel free to call me anal.
[/quote]
Anal prat! Indeed you are!

This is the action figure that represents the Phantom Of The Opera (live) single cover. It was released in 1985. Next time, use your brains before you make yourself look like a complete n00b... [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"<_<\" border=\"0\" alt=\"dry.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129609:date=Feb 23 2006, 03:23 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 23 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]129609[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Anal prat! Indeed you are!

This is the action figure that represents the Phantom Of The Opera (live) single cover. It was released in 1985. Next time, use your brains before you make yourself look like a complete n00b... [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"<_<\" border=\"0\" alt=\"dry.gif\" /]
[/quote]

lol....... :: :: ::

Back