Which is your favorite?

• Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Votes: 65 81.3%
  • The Talisman

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
2 amazing epics about sailing the ocean! I'm pretty sure of what the majority will vote for, but still thought I'd do this just for the fun of it.

I actually prefer TT. I enjoy Bruce's vocals quite a bit more for sure. Both a pretty much equally amazing instrumentally though, but I do give a slight edge to TT on that as well.

Rime Of The Ancient Mariner.

I don't care much about the Talisman. It could have been something when it was written, but I don't like the way it came out. There's more but I'll spare you that.

im surprisingly gunna go for TT on this one.as much as i love rotam, talisman has that unique feature of only a few maiden songs that when i listen to it it takes me away into the story and feels amazing every time i hear it... it joins others now that do this dance fo death, lord of light and the longest day mainly. (all post 2000)
with rotam, its great but i find myself most of the way through just waiting for a certain part around 7:40 which isnt the way a song should be (that part is beautiful though)

congratulations to the talisman on doing so well so far in this poll
bring on 28th July... 151days  ;)

Rime. Easily. Talisman is my least favorite on TFF. (Maybe 2nd favorite since I'm losing love for the title track.)

Rime hands down. The Talisman is a good song (and up in the top half of TFF for me), but it pales in comparison to Rime.

This is what I was afraid for: the spoiler tags in this topic might reveal that The Talisman is in the set. I am not checking it, but in a way I just know that it's the only reason someone uses a spoiler.

I wish people would only talk about the 2011 setlists in the tour topic... ??

Sailing on and on and north across the sea...

Talisman is a great song and is one of my favorite songs from the new album but come on! You just can't compare it to RotAM.

Some songs are really special in my opinion and should not be compared to the new songs (Hallowed, RotAM, Phantom, Powerslave, ...)

Farhang said:
Sailing on and on and north across the sea...

Talisman is a great song and is one of my favorite songs from the new album but come on! You just can't compare it to RotAM.

Some songs are really special in my opinion and should not be compared to the new songs (Hallowed, RotAM, Phantom, Powerslave, ...)

This.

TT is INDEED AWESOME, but you can't compare it to ROTAM.

Oh, and Phantom Of The Oppera would have won instantly when it would enter this poll.

Jeff said it. The Talisman is a good song, but Maiden have done two better songs about sailing the seven seas. Rime is my favourite Maiden song, and Ghost of the Navigator is top 25 material. TT is good but doesn't make the top 30.

Moving off topic slightly, but isn't this topic typical of what people are saying about most FF songs?
WTWWB, Avalon, Starblind, Alchemist and Talisman all fit this pattern of commentary:
"What a great song, one of my faves from the new album" or "It's not a bad song, but I don't see what all the fuss is about."

Forostar said:
This is what I was afraid for: the spoiler tags in this topic might reveal that The Talisman is in the set. I am not checking it, but in a way I just know that it's the only reason someone uses a spoiler.

I checked for you. It's nothing to do with The Talisman.

Back