Revenge of the silly polls! Family reunion

Choose the best song below before Nicko bites you.

• Prodigal Son

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Children Of The Damned

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Moonchild

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter

• Mother Russia

• Blood Brothers

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
As usual, explain your vote.

As much as I love Blood Brothers and Moonchild, they are beaten senseless by Children Of The Damned. That song does a superb job of properly building to a climax.

Bonus round:
Your favorite "family" song (title has a word like child, father, son, etc.) by another band.
Mine: Danzig, "Mother"

Children of the Damned is uber. As for the bonus round, let me come back to that one.

Blood Brothers does it for me.  The Rock in Rio version is beyond words. 

Bonus: Black Sabbath - Children of the Sea, that's the only good one I could find.

Moonchild for me. Like nothing they had done before or after. Brillian live.

Bonus: "Children" Robert Miles (not metal I know but hey a bit of dance every now and then doesnt hurt)

Moonchild - being that that is probably Maidens best album opener.

Bonus: Acid Reign's Motherly Love (especially the live version on the b'side of Hanging on the Telephone). Although Mother by Danzig is a superb track!

SSoaSS, although Moonchild is close second.
Both amazing songs, love the breakdown part in SSoaSS though.

As for bonus round- "I Kill Children" by Dead Kennedys

Seventh Son. The second half of that song is Maiden at their musical peak.

As the bonus track I let myself inspire by Invader to come up with another Sabbath song - Children of the Grave.

I join EW and choose for SSOASS, but my favourite part is not necessarily the 2nd half. I like the first half and also enjoy the atmospherical midpiece.

Bonus track... later, perhaps.

Blood Brothers for sure. I love that track very much for its atmosphere and melodies and riffs. Children of the Damned is a damn good song too though, but Blood Brothers has greater sentimental value for me.

Between Moonchild, Seventh Son, Children of the Damned and Blood Brothers, my mind will explode.
I won't vote Blood Brothers.
I think enough was said about CotD.
Moonchild vs Seventh Son... Today, let's go with SSoaSS since I've raved enough about the brilliance of Moonchild.

Back