Regarding tour spoilers - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bornless1 said:
keep your information on the shows to yourself!!!!!!!!   

OK, I am posting here as a moderator, not just a forum member like usual.

You don't have to "keep it to yourself". There are people who will want to know the setlist. But when you post any setlist information, or anything that might be spoily, you MUST use spoiler tags. Forget just once, and you get banned. We don't care who you are; we're not giving second chances to older members just because they're friends. Hell, I fully expect that if I fuck this up myself, LC and Per would ban me in a heartbeat. (Because I'd do it to them. <evil grin>)

That's all we're talking about here. Go ahead, post whatever you want, but USE SPOILER TAGS OR SUFFER MY WRATH.

And that especially means: DON'T POST ANY SECRETS IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD! Spoiler tags don't work there. You'll get banned for that too.

I was actually kinda hoping one of you two would cock up so I could ban you. Did we ever figure out if you can ban other mods?

LooseCannon said:
Did we ever figure out if you can ban other mods?

Yes, we did. One of the first things I ever did as a mod was ban SMX. And he wasn't too happy about it. ;)

Zare said:
How much money do i get if i ban you all  :D

You? Seriously, you? Ban us? For money?
[me=SinisterMinisterX]spends the next two minutes laughing[/me]

You see, it doesn't matter if we give you money, because apparently you're on some other planet, and I bet our Earth money is no good there. :p

Hehe, you've been warned  :D
On our planet, user bans admin  :ninja:

If you want me to email you when I have reviewed the forum in the morning and cleared it, you can pm me your email. This may involve a bit of spam but if you want to participate in the forum during the tour I can do my best to clear it out from time to time during the day.

newbie here...and an old man.....been seeing maiden since the early 80's.....its not a movie we are talking about its a concert....what exactly constitutes a "spoiler"?

seems everyone is so scared of letting a spoiler out that everything on the board is in the "spoiler" mode....

not being a prick...just curious...

edit: one example is this: why is this a spoiler???

Nor are they reduced to just a nostalgia circuit act because their creativity is dead...or because they simply refuse to release new material.  Even if you think the newest albums all suck beyond believe there's this:

1999 - Ed Hunter Tour
2003 - Give Me Ed til I'm Dead Tour
2005 - Eddie Rips Up the World Tour
2008/09 - Somewhere Back in Time World Tour

How anyone could complain about Maiden not playing their "classics" is beyond me. I could kind of understand being disappointed if it's your first Maiden show, but come on....

That's not really a spoiler. People are being overly cautious because I'm being ban happy. But people take their setlists seriously, and we respect that around here.

Basically, if you're mentioning directly what's in the setlist, spoil it. If you have a picture, or a description of what happened on stage, spoil it. If you're talking about things we all know, like the public fact that Steve said he'd throw in more new songs than old ones, that's OK. Discussing the mix of new to old, the songs he picked from X album compared to Y album, that stuff, spoil it.

Spoiler alerts and Mods spanking the newbies....it seems nothing has changed.  Still.  What would this forum be like with out the MOD SQUAD?  Insanity!

I definitely respect this notion, because I've hated having to leave communities (non-Maiden communities) in the past because I just didn't want to be spoiled by things.

Admittedly, I'm a verbose chap, and it's possible I might of infracted already.

Now would speculation on future set-lists based on the past (not necessarily this current tour) go up in spoilers?

Cap Maronis said:
Now would speculation on future set-lists based on the past (not necessarily this current tour) go up in spoilers?

Until the end of the tour, anything that provides clues about what's in the setlist - specifically or generally - should be in spoiler tags. Keep in mind that even statements like "they haven't played much of this or that lately, so maybe they'll do so in the future" give away information. It's easier for all of us if you just put any setlist-related discussion in spoiler tags for the time being.

Shadow said:
Until the end of the tour, anything that provides clues about what's in the setlist - specifically or generally - should be in spoiler tags. Keep in mind that even statements like "they haven't played much of this or that lately, so maybe they'll do so in the future" give away information. It's easier for all of us if you just put any setlist-related discussion in spoiler tags for the time being.

Alright, noted, and good call.

LooseCannon said:
Hi everyone;

It's an exciting time of year with Maiden kicking off their newest tour.  Nobody's too sure what the setlist will be, so I am going to put out a few loverly ground rules here.

1. All spoilers must go in spoiler tags!  These are located in your emoticon toolbar above the post window.  Also, it can be typed in by using
Code:
[spoiler]SETLIST HERE[/spoiler]
.  Please be sure to use this, because I can assure you that if you fail to use spoiler tags, action will be taken by the Moderator Team.

2. Clearly mark any and all threads regarding the tour.  An appropriate thread title would be "06/06/06 - Berlin Show (SPOILERS!)", not "OMG WHY DID THEY COVER BRITNEY SPEARS LAST NIGHT"

3. Keep an eye open for an "Official Tour Thread".  It's entirely possible that one will be started by the Moderator Team to keep your responses in one place and to stop spoilers from getting all over the forum.

4. Any major news from the tour will get its own thread, but spoiler rules still apply.  This is simple.  In the event that a tour-affecting moment occurs, we will carefully monitor the post to ensure that while a newsworthy item may have occurred, any coverage of this event will not affect the enjoyment of future shows by forum members.

5. Read all threads before you start a'posting!  This is very important during tours.  The last thing we need are four threads on one show, all saying the same thing.  So please try to make sure you post where appropriate.

5a by SMX: One thread per concert! If you start a second thread for a show which already has a thread, it will be deleted. If you are the first to start such a thread, please make the topic title read: Date - Iron Maiden SBIT Tour, City (contains spoilers!). Look at the title of the Mumbai thread for an example.

6. DO NOT PUT SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES.  Sorry I didn't catch that thread, Forostar.

7. Infractions will be met with bans.  End of story.  People are not following these guidelines appropriately, so they will be enforced with a boot if needed.  One week will be the general response - exceptions may be considered by the Mods on a case by case basis.  But don't count on it.

Thanks everyone, I am sure it will go smoothly!
test

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back