1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regarding tour spoilers - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by LooseCannon, Feb 1, 2008.

1. SinisterMinisterX

SinisterMinisterX Illuminatus Staff Member

OK, I am posting here as a moderator, not just a forum member like usual.

You don't have to "keep it to yourself". There are people who will want to know the setlist. But when you post any setlist information, or anything that might be spoily, you MUST use spoiler tags. Forget just once, and you get banned. We don't care who you are; we're not giving second chances to older members just because they're friends. Hell, I fully expect that if I fuck this up myself, LC and Per would ban me in a heartbeat. (Because I'd do it to them. <evil grin>)

That's all we're talking about here. Go ahead, post whatever you want, but USE SPOILER TAGS OR SUFFER MY WRATH.

And that especially means: DON'T POST ANY SECRETS IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD! Spoiler tags don't work there. You'll get banned for that too.

2. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

I was actually kinda hoping one of you two would cock up so I could ban you. Did we ever figure out if you can ban other mods?

3. SinisterMinisterX

I dunno. Try banning Jon. :innocent:

4. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

Yes, we did. One of the first things I ever did as a mod was ban SMX. And he wasn't too happy about it. ;)

5. LooseCannon

Bahahahahaha!

6. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

How much money do i get if i ban you all  :D

7. SinisterMinisterX

You? Seriously, you? Ban us? For money?
    [me=SinisterMinisterX]spends the next two minutes laughing[/me]

You see, it doesn't matter if we give you money, because apparently you're on some other planet, and I bet our Earth money is no good there. :p

8. Zare

Hehe, you've been warned  :D
    On our planet, user bans admin  :ninja:

9. LooseCannon

If you want me to email you when I have reviewed the forum in the morning and cleared it, you can pm me your email. This may involve a bit of spam but if you want to participate in the forum during the tour I can do my best to clear it out from time to time during the day.

10. ilikesta

ilikesta Prowler

newbie here...and an old man.....been seeing maiden since the early 80's.....its not a movie we are talking about its a concert....what exactly constitutes a "spoiler"?

seems everyone is so scared of letting a spoiler out that everything on the board is in the "spoiler" mode....

not being a prick...just curious...

edit: one example is this: why is this a spoiler???

Nor are they reduced to just a nostalgia circuit act because their creativity is dead...or because they simply refuse to release new material.  Even if you think the newest albums all suck beyond believe there's this:

1999 - Ed Hunter Tour
    2003 - Give Me Ed til I'm Dead Tour
    2005 - Eddie Rips Up the World Tour
    2008/09 - Somewhere Back in Time World Tour

How anyone could complain about Maiden not playing their "classics" is beyond me. I could kind of understand being disappointed if it's your first Maiden show, but come on....

11. LooseCannon

That's not really a spoiler. People are being overly cautious because I'm being ban happy. But people take their setlists seriously, and we respect that around here.

12. ilikesta

ilikesta Prowler

Got it...thanks Cannon....mainly setlists would be spoilers. I'm going to Denver Monday night....can't wait!

13. LooseCannon

Basically, if you're mentioning directly what's in the setlist, spoil it. If you have a picture, or a description of what happened on stage, spoil it. If you're talking about things we all know, like the public fact that Steve said he'd throw in more new songs than old ones, that's OK. Discussing the mix of new to old, the songs he picked from X album compared to Y album, that stuff, spoil it.

14. char_da_harlot

char_da_harlot Trooper

Spoiler alerts and Mods spanking the newbies....it seems nothing has changed.  Still.  What would this forum be like with out the MOD SQUAD?  Insanity!

15. LooseCannon

Only the n00bs who are dicks :D

16. Cap Maronis

Cap Maronis Trooper

I definitely respect this notion, because I've hated having to leave communities (non-Maiden communities) in the past because I just didn't want to be spoiled by things.

Admittedly, I'm a verbose chap, and it's possible I might of infracted already.

Now would speculation on future set-lists based on the past (not necessarily this current tour) go up in spoilers?

17. Shadow

Shadow Deluxe Edition Staff Member

Until the end of the tour, anything that provides clues about what's in the setlist - specifically or generally - should be in spoiler tags. Keep in mind that even statements like "they haven't played much of this or that lately, so maybe they'll do so in the future" give away information. It's easier for all of us if you just put any setlist-related discussion in spoiler tags for the time being.

18. Cap Maronis

Cap Maronis Trooper

Alright, noted, and good call.

19. eddie666666666

eddie666666666 Prowler

test

20. Zare