Random trivia

[!--QuoteBegin-Atvarussmak+Aug 1 2004, 10:53 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Atvarussmak @ Aug 1 2004, 10:53 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Its not actually a physical thing.

IndianaJones its a riddle it not ment to make sense [/quote]
Yup. I thought it was pretty weird. In dont understand the "flight of stairs" part, because, as you may very well know at this time, im not that good in english.
[!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Besides being one of the most tastey combinations of foods ever concieved, what's interesting about a traditional Thanksgiving Day meal? (turkey, corn, cranberries, potatos, and pumpkin pie)

What does it symbolize?

oh,bloody hell,i thought you were trying to post in the why it's cool to be canadian topic,to lower the traditions of the americans

Hm, turkey, corn, cranberries, potatoes and pumpkins are all native to North America and weren't available in the Old World when the pilgrims arrived.

Bang on Perun!

I think you, LooseCannon, and I should be banned from answering here [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I haven't answered in awhile. Mostly because the questions are riddles, and I am not so good with riddles.

[!--QuoteBegin-Black Ace+Aug 3 2004, 08:47 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Ace @ Aug 3 2004, 08:47 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] oh,bloody hell,i thought you were trying to post in the why it's cool to be canadian topic,to lower the traditions of the americans [/quote]
Black Ace, can you drag your stupidity somewhere else? [!--emo&<_<--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dry.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Aug 4 2004, 09:25 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Aug 4 2004, 09:25 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Should I post a new question? [/quote]
Go ahead! [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

When, where, why and by whom was large-scale potato farming introduced in Europe?

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Aug 4 2004, 09:38 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Aug 4 2004, 09:38 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]When, where, why and by whom was large-scale potato farming introduced in Europe?[/quote]
When : end of the 16th century
Where : Ireland
Why : to fight against starvation
By whom : Walter Raleigh

That sounds very much right to me, syl.
For all those interested, potato farming was introduced in the mid 18th-century in Prussia by Frederick II where it was supposed to be a cheap and efficient crop as opposed to what had been farmed there earlier.

Yours, syl [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Interesting factoid: The potato is the only common food crop which a human can surrvive on alone for an extended period of time. (assuming there is adaquate water)

Eating any other crop alone will lead to deficiencies in vitamins, protien, carbohydrates, etc.

So, if you're ever on a sinking ship, save the potatos first!

And keep in mind you will have to eat them raw and with the skin because most of minerals and vitamins are in the skin and would be partly destroyed by the cooking

Back to music now !

Eveybody knows Malcolm and Angus Young for their successful carreer in AC/DC but it's less known that one of their brothers used to play guitar in his own band.

What's his name ?
What was the name of his band ?
What was their major hit ?

George Young.
The Easybeats.
"Friday On My Mind".

Staying with AC/DC:
Who was their original lead singer, with whom they recorded their first single?
(Hint: it's NOT Bon Scott.)

Back