Questions regarding Live+1

gor

Ancient Mariner
ok, this is supposed to be a different version than the one on the sanctuary single. the live+1 version is supposed to be from July 4th at the Marquee, 1980, while the version from the Sanctuary single is supposed to be from April 3rd at the Marquee, 1980. I downloaded what is supposed to be "drifter" from live plus one from

[a href=\'http://www.bootlegsandbsides.co.uk/audio.html\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.bootlegsandbsides.co.uk/audio.html[/a]

(taken from the bootleg "The soundhouse Tapes and other rarities").

If you play the two of them back to back though, it's fairly obvious that it's the same recording, only it's a bit underproduced and edited on the one that's supposed to be from "live+1", since it sounds worse and is abruptly terminated during the "yo yo yo" routine at 3 and a half minutes. Is this the same "drifter" track that is featured on live+1??! I think not... is there some kind of mistake on the bootleg?

Also, is sanctuary (currently available on the link given above) really from live+1 or is it from some boot or sth? On the Iron Maiden Commentary, the version from Live+1 is described as having an intresting [different] vocal line during "I know you'd have gone insane if you saw what I saw", which is not sth to be heard on this recording.

I therefore really doubt that drifter and sanctuary are actually from live+1. anyone who has heard the recordings, please help. anyone who has them on mp3, contact me!

[!--QuoteBegin-gor+Oct 17 2004, 03:22 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(gor @ Oct 17 2004, 03:22 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]ok, this is supposed to be a different version than the one on the sanctuary single. the live+1 version is supposed to be from July 4th at the Marquee, 1980, while the version from the Sanctuary single is supposed to be from April 3rd at the Marquee, 1980. I downloaded what is supposed to be "drifter" from live plus one from

[a href=\'http://www.bootlegsandbsides.co.uk/audio.html\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.bootlegsandbsides.co.uk/audio.html[/a]

(taken from the bootleg "The soundhouse Tapes and other rarities").

If you play the two of them back to back though, it's fairly obvious that it's the same recording, only it's a bit underproduced and edited on the one that's supposed to be from "live+1", since it sounds worse and is abruptly terminated during the "yo yo yo" routine at 3 and a half minutes. Is this the same "drifter" track that is featured on live+1??! I think not... is there some kind of mistake on the bootleg?
Also, is sanctuary (currently available on the link given above) really from live+1 or is it from some boot or sth? On the Iron Maiden Commentary, the version from Live+1 is described as having an intresting [different] vocal line during "I know you'd have gone insane if you saw what I saw", which is not sth to be heard on this recording.

I therefore really doubt that drifter and sanctuary are actually from live+1. anyone who has heard the recordings, please help. anyone who has them on mp3, contact me!
[snapback]89288[/snapback]​
[/quote]

The version of Drifter from "The Soundhouse Tapes and Other Rarities" is not from "Live + 1". Drifter from Live + 1 is a longer version and, sadly, is not available on CD. As for Sanctuary, it may be from Live + 1 (it's been a looong time since I listened to that CD), but as I recall (and if it is from "Live + 1"), it's not a good quality transfer and it's slowed down. One can tell the "Live + 1" version because of the "interesting, different vocal line", which is Dennis Stratton doing high harmony with Paul. I think those are the only two songs from Maiden's catalogue that are not officially available on CD.

I was fortunate that a friend of mine who's a sound guy did a really good transfer of that EP a while back.

analogkid2112

P.S. Hi Mav! First post! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

(Edited to add P.S)

[!--QuoteBegin-analogkid2112+Oct 28 2004, 07:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(analogkid2112 @ Oct 28 2004, 07:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]P.S.  Hi Mav!  First post!  [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
(Edited to add P.S)
[snapback]90403[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Welcome. Hope to see you again... often! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back