Question Regarding Ticketless Policy

Cody Cameron

Godzilla Freak
Hey everyone, I had a question regarding the ticketless policy for the concerts. And that question is...

HOW DO YOU GET IN WITHOUT A TICKET???

When you buy your tickets from whoever, ie/ Ticketmaster in the USA, you used to get a regular ticket sent to you in the mail or picked up at the venue. Now, when you buy tickets you have the option of ticket-less or e tickets. You receive an email and then you print out your ticket on regular printer paper to take to the concert. From what I understand some bands prefer the new way because it discourages scalpers from buying up all the tickets and then reselling them at an obnoxious price. This allows more tickets available directly to the fans.

I did the paperless ticket option back in 2008 when I first saw Iron Maiden. Basically, I chose the paperless option, and simply needed to have my ID, and the credit card I purchased the tickets with, at the venue to get in. They simply check both and see if you are on whatever list they have, and that is how you get in.

I, personally, did not prefer it, because things could go wrong, and then you may be screwed. I've gotten actual tickets ever since, but that's at least how it worked back in 2008.

I don't know if it's different in different countries, but I usually do box-office collection. It gives me an actual ticket to take home and stick on my wall with my others, but means I am not at the mercy of the postman.

Well my friends and I had no choice but to get the ticketless ones. :/
Anyway, thanks guys. Hopefully everything will work out. I'll be sure to get into that show even if it kills me. hahaha

I don't know if it's different in different countries, but I usually do box-office collection. It gives me an actual ticket to take home and stick on my wall with my others, but means I am not at the mercy of the postman.
Same. I have tickets from all concerts I saw except Sex Pistols (put it in some book and lost the book) and Judas Priest (scumbag security decided to take away everyone's tickets instead of cutting out a piece of it).

Back