Pink Floyd Survivor finished: Time is #1

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs

• Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Parts I-V

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Time

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Re: Pink Floyd Survivor 2010: Piper vs Saucerful, round 6 (Aug 27-28)

Matilda Mother
The Scarecrow
Jugband Blues

Re: Pink Floyd Survivor 2010: More, round 1 (Aug 29-30)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in this post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

Round 1.6 results:
The Scarecrow and Jugband Blues are eliminated.
Saved by the bell: Flaming

More has joined the battle!

Listening to More now, will vote later.
Quicksilver, A Spanish Piece, Up The Khyber

Re: Pink Floyd Survivor 2010: More, round 1 (Aug 29-30)

After the hostile mountain clans detonated their well placed dynamites, pieces of the Spanish party went up the Khyber Pass in sequence, legs first, then torso followed by arms and head.  It was tragic!

Re: Pink Floyd Survivor 2010: More, round 2 (Aug 31 - Sep 1)

Rules are in this post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

Round 2.1 results:
Up The Khyber is eliminated.

Quicksilver, A Spanish Piece, Party Sequence

Genghis Khan said:
After the hostile mountain clans detonated their well placed dynamites, pieces of the Spanish party went up the Khyber Pass in sequence, legs first, then torso followed by arms and head.  It was tragic!

Ah, I can't believe nobody commented on my sentence.  :innocent:
Adding Main Theme...

Matilda Mother
More Blues
A Spanish Piece

Re: Pink Floyd Survivor 2010: Piper vs Saucerful round 1 (Aug 17-19)

Zare said:
@Foro, i also don't rate this earliest Floyd era as good as later material, however, i did give a fair amount of spins to both records. Piper really never worked for me. I can't hear any characteristic of classic Floyd there (whereas you can easily hear all the proto-ingredients of classic Maiden on their earliest recordings, for example). Saucerful is different - the opener is excellent, Set The Controls also, and when the all mumbo-jumbo erratic stuff ends on title track, you can actually hear classic Floyd there.

Thanks Zare, you urged me to start buying more Pink Floyd albums.

Today I bought Obscured by Clouds. I love the opening track. An instrumental, but it sounds threatening, heavy and cool! Love that opening note, and the moment when that simple but o so effective beat comes in.
:edmetal:

Next ones I urge to get (sooner or later):

A Saucerful of Secrets (1968)
Soundtrack from the Film More (1969)
Atom Heart Mother (1970)

I am going to join this poll now (again). I just listened to all the tracks which are still in the game and I decided to vote for these three:

See Emily Play
Flaming
Interstellar Overdrive

Re: Pink Floyd Survivor 2010: More, round 3 (Sep 2-3)

Round 2.2 results:
Party Sequence and A Spanish Piece are eliminated.

Quicksilver, Overdrive, Flaming

See Emily Play
Flaming
Interstellar Overdrive

When DSOTM / WYWH / Animals come in, none of these songs deserve to be here. I'd leave title track from OBC + Childhood's End, title track from AHM, OOTD/Echoes from Meddle and that's about it. Then it'll become exciting. The only thing i'll eject from those three '70s classics are opener and closer of Animals. Really irrelevant tracks.

On the other hand, when The Wall kicks in, we'll have a lot of material to take our shots at. That album has a lot of fillers, and AMLOR / TDB have some songs that just aren't on level.

I am looking forward to the Ummagumma studio tracks.

Hmm...Ummagumma. It's interesting, but i don't think it can qualify as quality material.
As you probably already know, it's not really a band record. Each of them made his song alone.

Back