Paul Dianno

I like those songs a lot and I can't speak poorly of all the great stuff he did back then with Maiden, but my god he sounds terrible.

I never was a big Paul fan from the get go, even his work with Iron Maiden. Any of the first two album songs I wanted to listen to, I prefer to find live with Bruce singing.

It is so shocking to see how unhealthy he is, has he had a stroke he can hardly walk regardless of the fact he can't really cut it singing any more, it is such a difference when you see Maiden live 2012 with the way Steve and Bruce play the stage, very sad :( ??

I am also shocked by his fatness and his health. His voice is like previous years but the weight... WTF?

And he sits on chair for more than 2/3 of the concert...

To read some of the comments he said about Maiden after the split, he often claimed that he was far better than Bruce for them and he was destined for bigger things and such. So I find it quite intriguing that 30 years later he is doing sets entirely composed of maiden material, and doing it VERY barely. This is practically unbearable :/

I don't have a problem with Di'anno's voice on the maiden albums, but as Demigod_Tyek said above, when I go to listen to those tracks I prefer to find a Bruce version, same with Blaze songs. It's not because I find the original's BAD so much as I prefer Bruce.

This concert though.. I don't think the word "Ruined" is strong enough for many of these songs... :/ And yes, the chair is just... :s

The saddest part is that Paul is just a parody of himself these days. I love his Maiden albums, I just wish he could learn some humility and maybe take better care of himself. Both Bruce and Blaze's solo careers are far more impressive by comparison.

Gotta admit after reading the comments I had prepared myself for worse...but its not good by any means. Whats really sad to watch is just how much drugs have screwed him up (he has so many nervous ticks and can barely stand and he's only what...55?). Good on Steve for firing him when he did so this didn't happen to the rest of the band.

I only hope people realize it was not always like this and I wish they won't discard his whole post-Maiden career.

If there's one album that is a must to check out I would gladly mention Murder One. Made with his band Killers in 1992 and a superb metal album. Highly recommended.

I had to find Remember tomorrow... one of my favorite song from the era and gosh... any drunken fat guy could sing better than what he does. I think he officially retired now, tho. I can't diss his past work, only acknowledge how he'S fallen and admire steeve's courage to fire him and hire Bruce

Back