Ozzy Vs Dio (Solo Career)

Whose Solo Career do you like better?

• Ozzy

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Dio

Votes: 30 88.2%

• Total voters
IMO, there are far less bad Dio albums: only Strange Highways & Angry Machines I find  :yawn:

Ozzy, on the other hand: NRFTW and everything up from Ozzmosis - 5 ALBUMS!

Neither's carrier does "suck", but Dio made a milestone with first 4 albums.

I'll admit that I am not even close to having heard the entirety of their respective solo material. However, from what I've heard, there is no doubt in my mind. Dio wins. First of all, I like his musical style more than Ozzy's. Second, I am not a big fan of Ozzy's vocie. It worked fine in Sabbath, where it fit into the mood of their music - still my favourite Sabbath album is Heaven and Hell. With the more poppy approach of Ozzy's solo material, I don't think his voice works that well.

Ozzys first albums up to Ultimate Sin (which is a good album) are better than anything Dio did, however Dio has a better overall body of work outside of Sabbath.  I'll still pick Ozzy though ... Blizzard and Diary of a Madman are fabulous records, amongst the all time best.

bearfan said:
Blizzard and Diary of a Madman are fabulous records, amongst the all time best.
Agreed. As much as I love Dio's early solo stuff, nothing he created musically (solo) approaches the importance of these two albums. His first two albums with Sabbath would be in the same league, however...

Last week-end, I was at a festival where both Ozzy and a Dio tribute band (Dio Disciples, with Tim "Ripper" Owens :rocker: ) played.  The tribute band was far more interesting than Ozzy.  I'm not familiar with all of the songs from either, but I know only a (small) handful of Ozzy songs that I really like, and loads of them by Dio.

8-bit version of this poll:

4bmLI.png

I can't place a couple of faces. Who's picture is at the bottom left?
And who's the bald headed image beside Dio's frame?

Groteskfull said:
I can't place a couple of faces. Who's picture is at the bottom left?
And who's the bald headed image beside Dio's frame?

I guess that's Halford. The only one I can't figure out is the bottom left one..

Back