1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Star Trek Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LooseCannon, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

You already did.

I haven't followed this in any way, so the setting of the series is news to me. I still think I would have liked a series set between TOS and TNG. It would have meant a lot of research work to get the timeline right based on all the mentions in the subsequent series, but I always thought there was something you could do with Enterprise B and C.

2. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

If you read the Wiki page on Discovery you'll notice that Klingons will be heavily featured in the 1st season. Looking forward to it

3. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

Sometimes Janeway is awesome. Sometimes she is a wimp. She is one of the least consistently-written characters Star Trek ever had. And that's a damn shame, because when she's on, she's on.

I agree that they kinda ruined the Borg though.

4. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Voyager was a frustrating show ... a good premise, some good episodes, some good characters. But they were all just so uneven, they did so many resets, failed to follow up on some of the better stories, never managed a good new species to play off of (hence the Borg as the main enemy), and ignored some characters for long periods of time.

Not a bad show, but seems like it could have been a lot better. I think being the flagship show on UPN probably had a lot to do with it ... if they were syndicated, maybe they could have gone with a more serialized route like DS9

5. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

DS9 doc is up to $464K ... at $500K they will convert the clips they use to HD ... which would be nice to see

6. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

Need to go contribute to that.

Edit: And done.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  7. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

1st trailer for ST Discovery:

8. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

Doesn't look too promising. Especially the Klingons