Official New Album and Songs Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to EdhunterXI who posted that on our forum - original posted by Thingfish on the IMOC-BB:

newIMfront.jpg

newIMback.jpg

aswell as this interesting link: http://www.learmedia.ca/product_info.php/products_id/33

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

maidenaustriaunited_banner.gif

A radio edit?  Sellouts :p

Stairway to Heaven does indeed sound juicy, I can't wait to hear it!

Maverick said:
Well, Eddie's face on the 'new' logo' reminds me of an 'old' one:

its evident for first sight. this logotype eddie was used for 2000/01 brave new world tour

Conor said:
A radio edit?  Sellouts :p

Stairway to Heaven does indeed sound juicy, I can't wait to hear it!

Bugger...I don't buy singles, but I want to hear that cover. :(.  Ah well, to the P2P machine (in a few months or so ;))

Silky said:
Bugger...I don't buy singles, but I want to hear that cover. :(.  Ah well, to the P2P machine (in a few months or so ;))
I believe this is nothing but a joke. Maiden cannot cover a Zepp song. They performed very poorly on "Communication breakdown" some 16 years ago and I don't believe they would do better today ; particularly with this peculiar song - Stairway to heaven. The guys know their limits don't they? :p

I wonder too. Still, it's on the official website. Or would they take the piss out of their credulous fans?  :uhm:

Seeing as it's written by Murray, I would suggest it's somebody he knows.  We already know his father was involved with the Kray brothers so possibly Benjamin Breeg is an old mobster?

Speculation can be a dangerous thing though :p

I've heard a rumour that Paul Di'Anno is a code name for Prince Charles...  :innocent:

Taken from Wikipedia:

Dennis Stratton (b. November 9, 1954 in London, England) (real name Benjamin Breeg) is a guitar player who was a member of the heavy metal band Iron Maiden from January 1980 to October 1980.

During this time, he participated in the recording of the group's first album, Iron Maiden, the Women in Uniform EP, some subsequent singles and the Live!! + 1 live album.

Since his departure from Iron Maiden, Stratton has played with bands such as Lionheart and, more recently, Praying Mantis.

Unbelievable, spend an afternoon at work at look what I miss. Possibly the busiest thread for a long while.

I'm not sure that I actually would relish hearing the Zep cover though, didn't really like the original. And yes, Jacknife, they did do a bit of a mess in "Communication Breakdown". A Purple cover would have been good.

The tracklisting sounds promising, but I can't get too excited until I've heard some real tracks.

Albie said:
Unbelievable, spend an afternoon at work at look what I miss. Possibly the busiest thread for a long while.

I'm not sure that I actually would relish hearing the Zep cover though, didn't really like the original. And yes, Jacknife, they did do a bit of a mess in "Communication Breakdown". A Purple cover would have been good.

The tracklisting sounds promising, but I can't get too excited until I've heard some real tracks.

...In which case, you might as well ignore every rumour until the new album is actually released, walk into HMV and buy the first new album with 'Iron Maiden' on the front  :p

Silky said:
...In which case, you might as well ignore every rumour until the new album is actually released, walk into HMV and buy the first new album with 'Iron Maiden' on the front  :p
Beware of tribute shits....

Maidenaustria said:
Thanks to EdhunterXI who posted that on our forum - original posted by Thingfish on the IMOC-BB:

newIMfront.jpg

newIMback.jpg

next time someone fakes cover art, print it and scan it again, so it looks like you actually have the disc. Now it just looks like something someone made in Photoshop.

Remember the rumor that one of the songs was based on an author, or perhaps a book?
"Lord Of Light" is an old science-fiction book from 1967 by Roger Zelazny.
It won the Hugo Award (sci-fi's equivalent of the Pulitzer).

It's about a group of humans (natives of earth) who travel to another planet and become gods to that planet's native humans due to the vastly superior technology of the earth-natives. Most of the earth-natives abuse their power, and the people they rule. The hero is one earth-native named Sam who tries to break this cycle and free the masses.

I'm not saying the song is about the book, but it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back