Official Football Thread

Fecking hell, we had a year with a shit City, United and Chelsea and lost the title to fucking Leicester. Now they're all coming in for the kill while we sit around and wait. 4th place here we come.
No-one lost the title to Leicester, it was never any-ones to lose. Leicester won it and were top of the league for most of the season. Credit must be given to them. ;)

Credit goes to Leicester, sure. But we were at the top of the league after Matchday 22, last team to hold the lead before Leicester captured it and never let it go. Leicester suffered a total of 3 losses the entire season. 2 of them came at the hands of Arsenal.

The collapse in January proved to be lethal. It was a very good season otherwise.

Mario Gomez leaves Beşiktaş due to security concerns. Sucks for them. He basically carried them to their first title since 2009 last season. Top goalscorer of the league with 26 goals. They just unveiled their new stadium, too.

Fecking hell, we had a year with a shit City, United and Chelsea and lost the title to fucking Leicester. Now they're all coming in for the kill while we sit around and wait. 4th place here we come.
Wenger is too soft. It's like he's scared of angering his players so some of them get chances over and over and over again, whereas they should be sold. I think Arsenal needs a new center back to partner Koscielny; Mertesacker's too old and slow to play every week and Chambers and Gabriel are inconsistent. I'd go for Höwedes there. Icardi (even though he is a cunt) and Mahrez would also be appropriate signings and would fill in all the gaps. Also Walcott should be sold.

Not sure if Icardi is the guy for us to keep us afloat in a battle with City, United, Chelsea, and maybe even Tottenham and Liverpool. I'd say break the bank and go for Higuain. Mahrez would be a godsend for us. Höwedes makes a ton of sense and he's very good friends with Özil. (Products of the same academy, same year of birth, played together on all national levels)

Soft-ass players like Walcott, Ox and Gibbs can go fuck themselves.

He's only a year older than Özil and Sánchez. If you want to win with this core, you have to be willing to take risks.

Arsenal is not in a shortage of money. Not at all. They're one of the most well balanced clubs in the world economically. It has more to do with the majority owner being cheap and Arsene serving his wishes to the max.

Netherlands just lost the play-off match for a place in the World Cup under 19. From Germany by penalties. Incredible thriller.
We were ahead in that penalty series, one goal was needed.... but then they hit the bar.. twice. Aaargh. :/

Full time: 2-2
Extra time: 3-3
Penalties: 5-4

Last edited:
Personally, I think Arsenal need a new manager. Wenger can only go so far and for a club of that size winning very little in the last 12 years is poor.

I agree. Wenger seriously overrates his players and is too stubborn to admit mistakes.

The managerial problem is probably gonna be even more apparent with the Premiership now boasting Josep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho and Jürgen Klopp at the same time. (Antonio Conte is a very promising manager as well)

Barcelona just signed Andre Gomes for like 40 million. I thought he was nothing special for Portugal in the EUROs, was like 6th choice for them yet he costs that much money...

It's an expensive signing that I'd make in my 6th/7th season in Career Mode in FIFA, just trying to get someone good for team's 3rd combination since I already filled up the first two with best possible players and dunno how to spend the money :p

They paid close to that price for Arda Turan last season, who was doomed to become a backup from the get go. At least Andre Gomes is a younger player.

Umtiti is a great move by Barça, though.

Btw, don't wanna let it go without mentioning, Best move of the summer so far: PSG signing Grzegorz Krychowiak.

Dortmund signs Mario Götze and Andre Schürrle.

I'm not sold on their defense but that attack looks amazing. Reus, Götze, Schürrle and Aubameyang.

One thing you can count on: He will have a system in place. Whether successful remains to be seen, but he'll have one. Unlike Hodgson.

Back