Official Football Thread

Also remember that Gareth Bale's breakthrough games were CL games against Inter, when the term "Taxi for Maicon" was coined :D

Btw. Manchester City didn't win any of their first 3 games in CL, wouldn't be surprised if they got eliminated in group stage again.

Chelsea-Maribor is on here, don't care enough to look for streams for any other games/teams. Hopefully Milan and Manchester United will be back next season...

I hate Guardiola. Any time his teams get a big lead he tells his teams to stop attacking and hold back. Which results in the opponent dominating the action. Roma missed a good chunk of chances in the 2nd half and scored once, Bayern haven't had a single chance. Heynckes' Bayern would not stop attacking, ever.

During the halftime of the Germany-Brazil match in WC, German squad supposedly decided to slow down a bit in the 2nd half so as not to humiliate Brazilians even more, probably the same case here, as much as I hate Guardiola.

I hate that mentality. Heynckes never used it, Bayern would not take their foot off the gas during the era. If you can score goals, score goals. Simple as that.

Edit: Well, at least substitutes are doing their best to prove themselves.

7-0 for Shakhtar, 7-1 for Bayern, 6-0 for Chelsea, 4-3 for Schalke, 3-1 for Barcelona, I think tonight might be a goalscoring record for a matchday.

Cesare Prandelli has ruined Galatasaray. Another 0-4 defeat, this time against Dortmund. And he comes out and says "We're more interested in winning the title in our domestic league". GTFO

I was watching Liverpool-Real Madrid tonight, Gerrard must be dropped, he's been completely shit since he slipped on his fucking arse and gave the ball to Demba Ba :p

Had to leave the CL viewing to go and play myself, but we won, so it doesn't matter :) I hear there were more massacres tonight. Dortmund and Atletico making mincemeat out of Gala and Malmö, respectively. And Ronaldo getting his first goal at Anfield.

What a goal by Lamela:
HarmfulBlackandwhiteCopperbutterfly.gif

I mentioned them here but didn't post them, here are two stunning Wesley Sneijder goals (88th and 90th minutes-won the game single handedly, pretty much) in the local derby against Fenerbahçe.

How cruel of Tottenham. Harry Kane scores three. Then Tottenham's keeper is sent off and they have no substitutions left, so they must put an out-field player in goal. The choice falls on the hat-trick hero. The first thing he does? Concede a very clumsy goal from the free kick. Why ruin his big day by putting him in goal?

Verdict on Serbia-Albania:

3:0 score for us, BUT 3 POINTS DEDUCTION TOO?????!!!!! FUCK OFF! Why not just play another match? I'm pretty sure the Albanians would agree with that.
Both FA's charged with 100k euros, and we'll play next 2 home matches on neutral pitch without audience. That's fair enough.
Also it seems that the match in Albania will be held with audience, which basically screams trouble :facepalm:

Just realized that this means Denmark game won't have an audience and I won't be able to see Lord Bendtner :( Fuck you UEFA :censored:

Back