NOW WATCHING

It's the best live-action movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters ever made.

Better than this? :eek:

godzilla_vs_mechagodzilla_1974.jpg

I thought it was a great episode that was ruined by the cliffhanger.

Absolutely. It was a brilliantly tense episode with some serious drama and stakes, which was all squandered on the literal equivalent of visual clickbait. I honestly don't care as much about the actual death (whoever it may be) as I do about the production choice behind such pathetic audience manipulation.

Ending of 11.22.63:

FVIKUL5.gif

I read the book ending a couple of times and even if I knew the ending in advance and I still got all teary eyed :confused: The show had its flaws but they got the ending way better than I imagined. I wish they had a couple more episodes devoted to the Jodie storyline but I understand why they didn't. From what I can see, non-book-readers almost universally loved it and I'm glad for that.
@Perun, @Ariana, opinions?

Just came home from Spotlight (yes, only now it is in the Czech cinemas) and I liked it! Very All the President's Men (one of my favourite movies) sprinkled a bit with Zodiac (probably my #1 movie in the last 6 years or so) - probably because of the more "juicy" theme and Mark Ruffalo. I wouldn't be surprised if many people were bored, though.

Watched Fantastic Lies an ESPN 30 for 30 documentary. Incredibly well done documentary about the Duke Lacrosse "rape" case 10 years ago. Perfect example of abuse in the DAs office, people going ape shit without bothering to get the facts, and a total failure of the media. It is on Netflix

Ending of 11.22.63:

FVIKUL5.gif

I read the book ending a couple of times and even if I knew the ending in advance and I still got all teary eyed :confused: The show had its flaws but they got the ending way better than I imagined. I wish they had a couple more episodes devoted to the Jodie storyline but I understand why they didn't. From what I can see, non-book-readers almost universally loved it and I'm glad for that.
@Perun, @Ariana, opinions?
Sorry, I seem to have missed that post.
Well, I can certainly say that I liked the way the ending was presented. I enjoyed the series overall, and I feel it has done justice to the book. So I'm happy, especially since I've dreaded the show would be a complete disaster.

Haven't watched the series, but the book's ending is one of the better ones from King. His son is behind it, is what I heard.

I just starting watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix. I'm only 2 episodes in, but I'm really liking it so far. It's an English gangster drama set in 1919. It reminds me a bit of Sons of Anarchy, but so much better.

Just saw a thriller called Hush on Netflix. New movie. Very well reviewed. Remember Wait Until Dark with Audrey Hepburn about the blind lady with killers after her? Hush has a deaf and mute lady out in her house in the woods with a killer after her.
The main female star is also the co-screenwriter and married to the director.
Fans of Grey's Anatomy will recognize Samantha Sloyan (she plays Dr. Penny Blake in the current season)

Anyone seen The Visit yet? Another M Night S film with a twist ending (no I did not guess it). He dropped clues along the way but I was not able to piece them together in time.

Anyone seen The Visit yet? Another M Night S film with a twist ending (no I did not guess it). He dropped clues along the way but I was not able to piece them together in time.

Not yet, but I probably will. It looks good. I like me a good twist ending, so I hope he's back to his game.

That said, I enjoyed not only 6th Sense and Unbreakable (an absolutely excellent movie, IMHO), but I also thought Lady in the Water was very interesting and good and I even enjoyed The Village. So far, I was disappointed only by the Happening (that was atrocious alright).

Series Update: After the middle of the second season dragged a lot (how much time should we actually spend watching Draper moping and wangsting and "Going to California"?) the finale and the first few episodes of season 3 were quite good. I still think the series is way too static, more than I would like.
No progress with True Blood or American Horror Story in the last two weeks.

I am somewhat looking forward to have these series completed - then I'll probably start the Walking Dead and Sons of Anarchy.

So, finished season 3 of Mad Men today. The season finale was amazing! I am so glad Sterling and Joan are going to be there, I love 'em both. Still do not care for Don nor Betty, for the casual bursts of random sociopathy, but I love those two (R&J, that is)! I'm really excited to see what season 4 has to offer.

Rewatched "Independence Day" in preparation for the sequel. It's still one of the most entertaining movies ever. As long as they don't go too dark with the sequel it should be good.

Easily goes in Top 5 coolest fictional presidents ever.

Seen it. I'm glad they didn't end up baking the kids, but that's pretty much the only good thing I can say about it.

I am watching the 1970 film Waterloo, starring Rod Steiger and Christopher Plummer. Simply fantastic. Made with the assistance (ahem) of the Soviet Army, they had a couple divisions of Red Army soldiers in Napoleonic-era dress. No CG here.

Back