NOW WATCHING

All the HBO Mini-series I have seen, part of John Adams, Band of Brothers (the first series, have not seen the Pacific yet), and From The Earth to the Moon have been very good.

I like AMC series. Breaking Bad is amazing, Mad men is at the very least stylish and tonight is the premiere of Rubicon.

HBO miniseries are incredible. Hanks should make more. The Pacific is pretty fucking awesome too, I loved it.

Onhell said:
I like AMC series. Breaking Bad is amazing, Mad men is at the very least stylish and tonight is the premiere of Rubicon.

I enjoy all three of those as well, good series.

So I was channel surfing last night and landed on the sci-fi channel. I caught a marathon of The Ghost Whisperer... nothing special, but the biggest reason, or the two big reasons, hehe, I saw it was Jennifer Love Hewitt :D I used to have a crush on her when I was a teen and she is still smoking hot, so I watched the show. It is a decent supernatural who-done-it.

Finished watching the TNT series Memphis Beat tonight, I always liked Jason Lee (My Name is Earl, and various Kevin Smith movies), it's a nice summer detective series.

Found a "That 70's Show"  marathon.  OK, I really do enjoy that show!  First season was good, it got great (last season was weak).  But, every time Red throws out a 'foot in ass' statement, I roll!

That 70's Show was good with the original cast. Once Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher were out it just wasn't the same.

Scott Pilgram.

Surprisingly entertaining. Edgar Wright did a great job with shot manipulation considering he had so little to work with. (Seriously Cera...its called acting! Look it up!) Kudos for the cameo
Thomas Jane GOLD!!
And the sound effects & use of music.

Phil Plait's Bad Universe.

It's a new Discovery channel series that stars one of my favourite bloggers, Phil Plait of Bad Astronomy, basically explaining various ways the world may be destroyed by the universe, and how we can stop it.

The Last Exorcism.  :huh:

Utter shite. Not in the slightest bit scary or chilling. Way too much Blair Witch styled shaky cam and it seemed needless. The performance from the lead Patrick Fabian was really good and his character instantly likable but they took him nowhere. The story was slowly paced which would have been fine were it a build up to something instead of just an cop out ending. One scene of tension was all that was provided and even that seemed like an effort. Disappointed. Can't understand the rave reviews.

Totally felt like I was cheated out of a good flick. At least my ticket was free.  :mad:

Home Movie
Just saw this dirty little bitch of a horror.  :blink: Came form left field! Done in the style of Cloverfield where "found footage" was spliced together and frankly it was chilling. No supernatural, no demons (I think anyway) just good plain old terror! Ambiguous ending aside its worth the hunt, may be tough to find.

The Gingerbread Man. Abused as a child and stalked as an adult by her father Mallery Dross (Embeth Davidtz) seeks the help of Rick Magruder (Kenneth Branagh). C'mon Rick, she can't be trusted!!!! Still, for all it's flaws, not a bad flick and Robert Downey Jr is always worth a watch. 3/5.

The Last Exorcism. Not scary enough. Still, the lead was engaging and kinda fun. I was reasonably well entertained while I sat there and I enjoyed the "plausible explanation" well enough, then they added 5 minutes to the end and undid all the good work. 5/10.

snake plissken said:
Watched The Mist again last night. About as perfect as horror can get 5/5.

I have wanted to see this for a while, as the Half-Life series was based partially on the original King work.

Raptor said:
Home Movie
Just saw this dirty little bitch of a horror.  :blink: Came form left field! Done in the style of Cloverfield where "found footage" was spliced together and frankly it was chilling. No supernatural, no demons (I think anyway) just good plain old terror! Ambiguous ending aside its worth the hunt, may be tough to find.

This intrigued me.  I'll check it out!  Thanks.

Back