NOW WATCHING

Seeing Avengers: AoU on Friday! Super stoked. Is the inflated ticket price only an issue overseas? Cause I paid $6/ticket for a matinee show and that's the average price.

Avengers: Age of Ultron costs 17 USD each in 3D right now at my local movie theater here in Sweden, not including the price of 3D glasses if you didn't save yours from last time... (With those, we're talking 20).

Watching The Men Who Stare At Goats (2009). Pretty entertaining.

@Brigantium No, it was appalling. It wasn't even funny how bad it was. The budget was only $10,000, the sound editing was dire, the dialogue was awkward, the effects were worse than 1950s cinema and the "plot" took 45 minutes to begin. Top it off with an awkward global warming message and you have the biggest waste of time ever. The whole thing is on Youtube if you want to waste 90 minutes of your life.

The Men Who Stare at Goats is excellent though.

A friend of mine dragged me to see Insurgent last night. It was a movie, alright. There were actors saying and doing things, and presumably, a director telling them what to do. The plot was fairly boring and there were some obvious moviemaking mistakes that just pulled me out of the film. But Courtney Jai got executed by the good guy for being a dick, so there was that.

I finished up Boardwalk Empire .. what a great show all around. I have very little to complain about, which is rare :)

I liked the first season, but the second one had too much of a twist-of-the-week feel to it. Still, it's fun to see Maslany play all her characters, especially when they start imitating each other.

I agree with season 2, I think Season 3 is getting bit more back to a season 1 vibe ... at least what I have seen so far

Rewatched Edge of Tomorrow (2014) for the second time after reading the Japanese light novel it is based on, All You Need Is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka.

The film and the novel are dramatically different. It's a wonderful film, but the novel is a masterpiece.

Watched Clash of the Titans (2010). Quite a fun film, which by and large went for more believable action and less cheese than the original.

Watched Harry Brown (2009).

Like a British and more actionpacked version of Gran Torino, starring Michael Caine as the elderly gentleman going Rambo on the neighbourhood. Hard not to like this film... Even though it takes some convenient twists to reach a stand-off conclusion, in the end it is still very memorable, not the least because of a brilliant Caine.

You failed to maintain your weapon, son.

Just finishing up Bates Motel season 3. I thought the first 2 seasons were entertaining enough. Not a great show, but worth watching. Season 3 really kicked it up a notch.

Watched Taken 3 (2014).

So... they recast Xander Berkley's role with Dougray Scott? Spent 10 minutes wondering what the hell happened to that old guy until I realised they were supposed to be the same character. Took me out of the film. The problems doesn't stop there - the editing is laughable and if you stop to logically consider the film for just a moment... Nah, we don't go there. All in all, neither better or worse than Taken 2.

Back