1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOW READING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

I read Catch-22 about three years ago, and I felt it was almost impossible to figure out what was going on at first, but pretty soon accepted that this was intentional, and basically couldn't put it down afterwards. The sudden switch from its grotesque absurdity to dark seriousness towards the end hit me like a punch in the guts, and the panoramic stroll through Rome is one of the most memorable things I have ever read, perhaps not in detail, but in impact. A true masterpiece, and one of the defining novels of the 20th century.

2. Magnus

Magnus Nomad

Major Major Major Major

3. jazz from hell

jazz from hell Ancient Mariner

The atmosphere is really 'mechanical' if I remember correctly. Yeah, it's probably the discipline thing with me.

4. Desdemona

Desdemona Prowler

I'm intrigued about that near-ending now, and also that comment on impact. I think I'm gonna get myself to finish it in the next couple days.

5. fekso

fekso Nomad

Freak Kitchen first album

6. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Just finished reading A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens and greatly enjoyed it. Simply could not stop reading after one point.

Trying to go through some classics this summer.