NOW READING

One or two examples of awful writing, too. A couple of them just sounded like they were meant to be humorous anyway.

I think "she moans in colours" has to be the worst metaphor I've ever read.

I mean, a bad metaphor sounds like it's some sort of sexual innuendo when it's not. A terrible metaphor is one that is supposed to be a sexual innuendo and you have no fucking clue what it's supposed to mean.

The mountaineering one is unbelievably tacky, so forced. I wonder if there's any mention of conquering a peak later on?

I wondered if the author was a mountaineer and felt so pleased with themselves that they just had to make a mention of it somewhere so they forced it into a sex scene.

I think the characters were actually on a mountain at the time, so maybe the storyline did involve mountaineering. I did once read a book by a bloke who had clearly researched climbing in depth just before writing the book and was trying to show off his knowledge at every given opportunity. He featured a rape scene involving climbing gear.

Id like to see your bookshelf.

full.jpg

Karin Slaughter series called Grant County. Brutal crime series set in a small fictional town in Georgia. Read first 3 books so far. I am hooked now. Need to read the rest next...

Just finished The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. Great stuff. Its historical battle type fantasy. Not totally full of magic and whatnot, more bloody battles and a healthy dose of gallows humour. I highly recommend it if you like to read about people being cleaved in two by swords.

Back