NOW PLAYING

Judas Priest - Firepower

Modern classic! An incredibly strong album. Great riffs, melodies, vocal parts and choruses. I expect no less from the next album.

In short:

The title track - anthemic, fast and melodic. Typical Priest.
''Lightning Strike'' - classic memorable single from Priest with strong parts.
''Evil Never Dies'' - straight out of Painkiller with its brutal chorus, dual solos, heavy riffs and the moody middle section.
''Never The Heroes'' - mid-tempo song with another anthemic chorus and classic metal riff.
''Necromancer'' - typical short and dark sounding song of Priest with dual solos and ''metal'' chorus ofc.
''Children Of The Sun'' - another quality mid-tempo heavy song with great verses, good chorus for live performances and especially awesome calm middle part.
''Rising From Ruins'' - one of Priest's best songs of all time. Melodies, riffs, calm verses, chorus, solos... everything is top-notch.
''Flame Thrower'' - shorter fun song with nice riffs and great solos.
''Spectre'' - the traditional heavy banger with impactful chorus and classic calm part, harmony and 2nd solo.
''Traitors Gate'' - another one of Priest's best songs. Brutal riff, melodic verses, harmony, big chorus and classic outro for Priest.
''No Surrender'' - anthemic classic short rocker. Pure gold!
''Lone Wolf'' - vibe from the early years of the band (the solo!), but with a modern touch. Really heavy, cool melodic chorus, weird middle part and great Maiden-esque harmony.
''Sea Of Red'' - great big ballad to close the album with beautiful (longer) acoustic verses, melancholic chorus, fitting ''ah-ahs'' parts and slow solos.

firepower.jpg

And to lose any remaining credibility whatsoever, I'm now blasting this

realising that - although "our" bands with wifey are mostly Dream Theater and Opeth, this is one of our songs.

I remember us discovering it back in the day, realising it was better than most of the stuff on the radio (and, indeed, most of the stuff Iglesias has ever put out), writing to each other where we heard it once again (I remember a visit to the dentist's where I sent her a message "hey, they were playing Bailando again"), us humming it during our second holidays abroad in Spain, 2014, and dancing to it for a million times on Dance Central Spotlight when we first bought Xbox with Kinect.

There are songs we have less history with. * shrugs *

(oh, I also still remember the lyrics to the Spanish version, after all these years)

Van_Halen_album.jpg

Artist: Van Halen
Album: Van Halen
Year: Van Halen
Genre: Van Halen
Rating: <3<3<3<3<3

jeanlucponty1970.png

Artist: Jean-Luc Ponty
Album Title:
King Kong: Jean-Luc Ponty Plays the Music of Frank Zappa
Release Date: 1970
Style: Jazz Fusion