No news?

rudolf1978

Invader
Does anybody knows if its going to be something next year? i think its strange that the band hadnt say anything.They just put the new compilation and they dissapaeared.

On a french forum, a girl who is generally well informed said that they plan to do a kind of best-of tour in 2012, and that the next studio-album is planned to be released in 2014. This girl has been giving some infromation for years, and it has to be said that she is generally (almost always) right. I mean, she doesn't presume or imagine or suppose : she is in touch with someone from the managment or the record compagny (but not the band itself she says).

I'd prefer a DVD release that would include Maiden England, Live At Donington 1992, one full concert with Blaze and History, Part 3 followed by a tour with the setlist consisting of 1986-1999 material with only HBTN, The Trooper and (mandatory) Iron Maiden from other eras.

The only thing I wasn't too thrilled with on the No Prayer tour was that they didn't play too much of the new material....we've heard the oldies soo many times......Clairvoyant could have been replaced with Runnind Silent Running Deep......Mother Russia was omitted also......

I Like Blaze era but I don't think they'll ever release a full Blaze concert because some of the Bruce songs didn;t turn out well...

I don't care for the Donnington 92 only because of the way it was filmed. If it were don't like the others it would have been awesome...great setlist.

I would like to see an official release of the GImme Ed tour (if there is one)

I am hoping we will be seeing two DVDs, one that follows where Live After Death left off and one from the last tour. Along with a live album from the last tour.  I am fine with another best of tour.

tour, tour, tour!!!  :edmetal:
no more rest, you play

i have much worry from rods recent diary where he said it was their last UK shows for a while...  :uhm:

I'm sure a while means some time off until next year.  The AMOLAD tour ended June 24, 2007 and the SBIT tour started Feb. 1 of 2008 and the first leg of that tour also ended in June and started Feb. of the following year and that final leg of the tour ended in April and the first leg of TFF tour started in June of the following year. So, that gives you an idea of how much time they take off between tours.

Bruce personally said prior to Sonisphere UK 2010 that after they've toured 'The Final Frontier' they'll do another greatest hits type tour and bring out all the classics. He said this in an interview with Daniel P Carter for BBC Radio 1's Rock Show. I'll try to find the interview over the next few days.

Night Prowler said:
I'd prefer a DVD release that would include Maiden England, Live At Donington 1992, one full concert with Blaze and History, Part 3 followed by a tour with the setlist consisting of 1986-1999 material with only HBTN, The Trooper and (mandatory) Iron Maiden from other eras.

Agree with this, though I could do without a whole Blaze concert. Footage of that whole era in a documentary might be more digestible. The fact that they didn't release a live album/dvd during that era says it all. Agree about the set list too.

I just want a tour with a setlist consisted by (mostly of) 80's material, but the never or rarely played songs.

I want a tour that is only in my back yard, and is every Saturday night of the summer, starting with the first album going through TFF.

I distinctly remember reading in the programme for the 2008 Twickenham show an interview with Bruce in which he said "we'll get the next album and tour done, then we'll embark on what is probably the biggest thing we'll ever do" i'll try to find the programme to clarify later!

Black Wizard said:
Bruce personally said prior to Sonisphere UK 2010 that after they've toured 'The Final Frontier' they'll do another greatest hits type tour and bring out all the classics. He said this in an interview with Daniel P Carter for BBC Radio 1's Rock Show. I'll try to find the interview over the next few days.
This is the interview I was referring to (it might be UK users only). The part I mentioned was part of a sneak-preview in the days leading up to Sonisphere (the full interview was broadcast a week or two after the festival) but I couldn't find it in the full interview. It might not have been included in the final edit or I didn't hear that part this time because I wasn't paying attention properly. You're welcome to listen for yourselves but I honestly didn't make up what Bruce said about another tour.

Back