NIGHTWISH SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> Ghost Love Score wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
As for Wishmaster, the only songs I remember liking are the first two tracks, Dead Boy's Poem, and FantasMic. But it's been a while, and I don't have time right now to revisit the album.
I'd appreciate it if you either vote for the songs in question after having heard them recently, either leave them alone. Not that I have any saying or control over it, but I think this would be a fair thing to do.

I'd appreciate it if you either vote for the songs in question after having heard them recently, either leave them alone. Not that I have any saying or control over it, but I think this would be a fair thing to do.

Not to speak on his behalf, but that was a post for the previous round that he did not vote in. After listening to the album again (which I know via top secret, CIA-esque back channels), he has now voted.

Side note: listened to Century Child and Once again yesterday. Century Child shot up by a few points (what a great album) and Once came down a couple.

Since Sunday, I listened two times to Once, Century Child and Dark Passion Play. We (my wife is a big fan too; bigger even!) still don't know the second album with Annette. After having followed the band intensively since 2000, we lost interest in Nightiwish not long after Dark Passion Play came out.

This game revoked our interest and I hope to buy Imaginaerum tomorrow, for her birthday!

I honestly can't really stand Imaginaerum. DPP sure has some filler and mediocre songs, but the strong songs are up there as the strongest of their entire career. Imaginaerum is just a muddled mess with too much orchestration and too many wacky/Disney vocal exercises. Very few of the songs are memorable and the ones that are seem rather shallow.

I like Imaginaerum. It's not the best thing I've ever heard but it does have some killer tracks. Honestly I like the sound of that album and EFMB a lot more than this early material so far. Although Wishmaster has been growing on me.

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
Deep Silent Complete - 5 votes
Sleepwalker - 5 votes
Lappi (Lapland) - 4 votes

Promoted:
Elvenpath
Astral Romance
Tutankhamen

Lappi (Lapland) lost the tiebreaker against Astral Romance, based on the average number of votes.
Only 12 songs remained, so I've decided to introduce Over The Hills & Far Away EP to the game now.
Since it only has 3 songs, just one of them can get promoted.

Passion
Moondance
Kinslayer
Bare Grace
10th Man
Away

I love Over the Hills and Far Away, but it is a cover and probably shouldn't be featured in the game.

Title track of the EP plus they played it live for a long time. I wouldn't have included it if it was a bonus.

It's a specific situation :p

Also, why The Kinslayer votes :(

Dunno. I just don't really like it. It's a solid song, but what's left is better. The music is great, but the vocals don't do anything for me - too much staccato choir chanting. Also not a fan of the male talking in the second half.

Back