Next year's tour speculation thread

Yah Jeff's got it right, except he forgot "Coming Home".  If they don't play that sucker loud and proud I'll eat one of  my  3 Sleeveless Maiden Japan tee shirts.

I would love to see this setlist. I believe it is a good mix with 6 TFF songs, 6 "2000 era" songs, and 4 classics (I don't know what you would classify 'Sign Of the Cross' as, but I'd say a 2000 era song?)

The Final Frontier World Tour 2011

1. Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
2. El Dorado
3. Rainmaker
4. The Trooper
5. The Longest Day
6. For The Greater Good Of God
7. Mother Of Mercy
8. Sign Of The Cross
9. Brave New World
10. The Alchemist
11. When The Wild Wind Blows
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden

ENCORE
14. Journeyman
15. Coming Home
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Intro will 99.9% be Satellite 15... The Final Frontier, then I felt El Dorado and Rainmaker were good songs to start the mood. The Trooper is #4 because people will enjoy a classic before listening to two long songs from AMOLAD. Would love to see Journeyman as encore intro, followed by Coming Home, and ending with the greatest song ever, Hallowed Be Thy Name. It would be a reasonable set list I believe...

Just for fun, I figured I'd make a setlist for the unofficial "classics only tour" Bruce mentioned they're doing after this tour, in that one interview...

Unofficial Classics Tour 2012-13 (?)

1. Where Eagles Dare
2. Flight of Icarus
3. The Trooper
4. Prowler
5. Phantom Of The Opera
6. Killers
7. Wasted Years
8. Die With Your Boots On
9. The Evil That Men Do
10. The Number Of The Beast
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden

REALISTIC ENCORE
14. Two Minutes To Midnight
15. Run To The Hills
16. Sanctuary

FANTASY ENCORE
14. Caught Somewhere In Time
15. Stranger In a Strange Land
16. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

I'm not entirely sure what the setlist will be, but probably very little reunion material outside of TFF, obviously.

The only thing I'm willing to wager on for sure is that they will DEFINITELY play Coming Home as the first encore (followed probably by RTTH or NOTB and Hallowed)

I don't think that they'll do an encore without TNOTB.It's very nice, the way that the encore starts
"Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea
for the Devil sends the beast with wrath"...
it's like in the Rock in Rio show, it was the same thing.

rokyronnie said:
I don't think that they'll do an encore without TNOTB.It's very nice, the way that the encore starts
"Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea
for the Devil sends the beast with wrath"...
it's like in the Rock in Rio show, it was the same thing.

You make a valid point. I'd be willing to swap places on Coming Home with TNOTB. So they'll come back in with TNOTB and then Bruce will talk to the crowd about touring and stuff, thus Coming Home. Then they'll close close with Hallowed.

Also like it's been stated, pretty hard to not imagine them opening the show with Satellite 15.

I said this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here.  My guess is that they'll leave out Satellite 15, and instead the intro will be Mars, the Bringer of War, which kicks off straight into Final Frontier as the band take the stage.  Mars, the Bringer of War just works with the current stage set, just like Churchill's Speech worked with SBIT.

Songs that I'm almost certain they'll play from the new album are Coming Home, El Dorado, The Final Frontier, and When the Wild Wind Blows.  In addition to these, I'd go for Starblind and The Talisman.  They've alredy stated they won't play the whole album, and six is the usual number.  Hallowed and Iron Maiden will be in the set list with 99% certainty.  That's almost an hour already.  For the rest, I'd guess a few 2000s songs with the rest from the 80s, based on what they've liked to play in the past, something like this:
Brave New World (played on DoD and TFF tours, gets a good reaction)
Dance of Death (switched into the setlist for TFF in place of Paschendale, so the band think it works)
Fear of the Dark (they just can't let it go)
The Evil that Men Do (played on BNW, AMOLAD, AMOTB, SBIT 3rd leg tours)
2 Minutes to Midnight (played on BNW, AMOLAD, SBIT tours)
The Number of the Beast (played always recently except AMOLAD tour)

That adds up to 1:45 approximately, leaving room for Bruce rants etc.

Hmm very itneresting, probably your opinion is the best from here.
I just thought they can make an interesting intro with satellite 15, I mean a theatrical one.

I don't care what classics they play but I'm gonna NEED

Satellite 15 TFF
El Dorado
Mother
Coming Home
Isle Of Avalon
The Talisman
When The Wild Wind Blows.

Couldn't care less what they play as long as I get those  :edmetal:

Probably because you saw them for many times in differently tours, but some peoples will go to see them for the first time, or so...
I thought something, for distant future, let's say that they will do the last tour, and they will play songs from every album, something like that and at the end of the show they will bring all Eddie's from each album on the stage
Does they fit on stage ?  :lol:

rokyronnie said:
Probably because you saw them for many times in differently tours, but some peoples will go to see them for the first time, or so...
I thought something, for distant future, let's say that they will do the last tour, and they will play songs from every album, something like that and at the end of the show they will bring all Eddie's from each album on the stage
Does they fit on stage ?  :lol:

I think that would only work if they brought a different Eddie for each song... They would certainly not fit. :D 

I fixed Coming Home in my post. You're right, I forgot this one, but I found out that I missed this on my post this afternoon 'cos it'll be a show stopper. My goodness...and to think there are people saying this album is shit like St. Anger (believe me! I did read that, today! And even St.Anger with a decent production and better arranged songs and solos can reveal some really good stuff).

UP THE IRONS!!! :edmetal:

I speculated on the set list in another post a couple of weeks back but have now settled on this one, with reasoning below:

Satellite 15...TFF
El Dorado
Mother of Mercy
The Trooper
These Colours Don't Run
Coming Home
Blood Brothers
Starblind
The Talisman
The Evil That Men Do
When The Wild Wind Blows
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Number of the Beast
2 Minutes to Midnight
Hallowed be thy Name

3 TFF tracks to open up. Maiden tried this tack on the BNW, AMOLAD and AMOtheBeast tours so it wouldn't surprise, particularly as they are three uptempo tracks. Bruce will sing MOM just fine...he may even lower the sirens range like he did live on The Longest Day.
Then an old and new classic lead into Coming Home which is followed by Blood Brothers..the highlight for many on this years your. Now we enter the TFF show proper...starblind leads off, followed by the Talisman. Starblind could be a tough number to play live but the boys have only recently recorded it and jammed the hell out of it so they'll perform it well. Bruce will handle the heights of The Talisman and use the crowd where necessary. The Evil That Men Do will slot in before WTWWB to break things up a little and give the crowd a late 80s classic. WTWWB of course will be the epicentre of the show.
Then come the mandatory classics...FotD and I'm before an encore including NOTB and HBTN and probably 2MTM but maybe Wasted Years or The Wickerman...Wickerman has yet to be played as an encore.

I don't think they'll go with Blood Brothers because Coming Home is in the set, it's also a ballad. Also, if they do play Blood Brothers again, they won't put it near CH, two slow songs don't make the set flow very well IMO.

Although I would really like to hear all of Final Frontier live like they did with A Matter of Life and Death which was awesome, I know they're not going to play it all live. With that in mind, here is another set that I'd like to see:

Satellite 15.....The Final Frontier
El Dorado
When Two Worlds Collide
Brave New World
The Talisman
Isle of Avalon
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Children of the Damned
The Man Who Would Be King
Sea of Madness
When The Wild Wind Blows
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Encores:

Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

Invader said:
My guess is that they'll leave out Satellite 15, and instead the intro will be Mars, the Bringer of War, which kicks off straight into Final Frontier as the band take the stage.  Mars, the Bringer of War just works with the current stage set, just like Churchill's Speech worked with SBIT.

I don't know. First of all I think it was most fitting with the DOTR war-themed stage set. Secondly, I'd wish they'd change it already! It's been used in too many tours already - time to make a change. Don't get me wrong - it is good - but overused, and especially on a tour for an album with an intro that sits even more tight in that place. Of course I also think that S15 even fits the stage set perfectly - I even have a proof, lookie:
4907675708_c78aaa0d98_b_d.jpg

I don't mind which songs from the new album they play live, although I do very much hope they play The Alchemist, along with the other more obvious numbers.  One thing that does bother me, are the classics. Mainly in the encore. But the classics in general. Okay - Running Free? Not a blast of show ender. It's good - but not bombastic. RTTH is way better. HBTN - too abruptly-ending-sounding-to-me for a last song. Also a good suggestion - Prowler, like in the early 80s and I have to ask your opinion on this next one as a show finale - because I think it's fucking awesome and energetic! Call and response, Bruce all excited and everybody's just full-blast during this number: Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter. This is a GREAT song live, and here's even a recent example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2_ws7gcSD8.

So, we have RTTH, Prowler and BYDTTS.

By the way, Tyek1230, SSOASS is also a killer last song, with all the dramatic solos at the end. Kudos for that idea!

pilau said:
Okay - Running Free? Not a blast of show ender. It's good - but not bombastic. RTTH is way better. HBTN - too abruptly-ending-sounding-to-me for a last song. Also a good suggestion - Prowler, like in the early 80s and I have to ask your opinion on this next one as a show finale - because I think it's fucking awesome and energetic!

I really enjoyed Running Free, I was  very pleasantly surprised when it was not Run to the Hills.  Run to the Hills is so overplayed that I got bored seeing it live in 2008, while they haven't used Running Free much lately.  And Prowler I just dislike.  I'll agree HBTN isn't a good ender, I'd rather have it before the encore.  The last songs have a sad feeling about them since the gig's almost about to end, and I don't like associating that with HBTN.
I don't know. First of all I think it was most fitting with the DOTR war-themed stage set. Secondly, I'd wish they'd change it already! It's been used in too many tours already - time to make a change. Don't get me wrong - it is good - but overused, and especially on a tour for an album with an intro that sits even more tight in that place. Of course I also think that S15 even fits the stage set perfectly - I even have a proof, lookie:

Sure, it could be changed, but I still think some classical would work better as an intro than Satellite 15.  Satellite 15 is simply too long for an intro at four minutes, the waiting would make me explode.
And DOTR used a different intro.

Back