Next Iron Maiden Album?

FTB

Stranger in a Strange Board
I know , I know

The Book of Souls isn't even officially out yet (is this moron really talking about a new Album here?), but when (if) will it be?

Apparently each Member brought in about 1 Hour of original Music, which was used in bits and parts, so there must be some / alot of leftovers to work with to speed up the process.

Also Bruce said he hopes it wasn't the last one because he thought they've had way too much fun doing this one. Barring anymore health / age issues by any member ...

Is 2017 realistic?

I can't wait 5 more years after listening to BoS... way too good

Apparently each Member brought in about 1 Hour of original Music, which was used in bits and parts, so there must be some / alot of leftovers to work with to speed up the process.

I think Bruce said in one of the recent audio interviews, that after 5 or 6 songs they were like "Hmm, we have way too much material for this, I think it's gonna have to be a double album" So I think they crammed all the good stuff in this time to actually make it a double album, so I don't think there is " a lot of leftovers" at all.

I think Bruce said in one of the recent audio interviews, that after 5 or 6 songs they were like "Hmm, we have way too much material for this, I think it's gonna have to be a double album" So I think they crammed all the good stuff in this time to actually make it a double album, so I don't think there is " a lot of leftovers" at all.
Even if i sound really stupid right now, if each member brought about 1 hour of music, that would be 6 hours, there have to be some unused parts (5 without nicko)

The guys in Maiden probably don't know.
I reckon if they are all healthy then there's a possibility of a new album in 3-4 years. But it's all guesswork.:)

Even if i sound really stupid right now, if each member brought about 1 hour of music, that would be 6 hours, there have to be some unused parts (5 without nicko)

Well yeah, but who wants an album of stuff that wasn't good enough the first time around ;)

What I mean is that out of an hour of private demo recordings, on the whim ideas and bits of noodling and strumming there is maybe I don't know...5-10 SOLID actually new Maiden album worthy riffs/ideas from each guy....So they stick the best together and discard the rest.

I mean they probabbly showcase what they each think is the best ideas they have to the other guys and then they probably also have a lot of stuff they they are not sure about is any good...

And then there is the whole point about how Maiden works live today, and that is that they actually jam out the tunes in the studio. Empire of The Clouds from what Bruce has said, seem slike a song they actually wrote and arranged in the studio!

Last edited:
I'm betting that this is their last one.

The earliest that we'd get one would be 2018, by then Nicko would be nearly 70, and the rest of the band will be in their 60's. I can't see them pushing another album out along with another world tour, unless they scale down the energy of the shows.

I reckon, we'll have The Book of Souls tour and then a final tour.

It's sad, but I think it's time to start realise that the end is nigh for Maiden. But each member would probably go off and do their own thing. Bruce would probably start up his solo career again if he wanted to, and Steve would carry on with British Lion.

Some facts:

- Probably the title will be something like the The Dance of Souls;
- It will have a music with 23min length;
- It will have a Dave Murray song (only one) with a melodic guitar solo at the beggining;
- It will have a music called The Accident of Birth or Navigate the Seas of Deaths or The Chemical Wedding;
- It will have at least 3 musics about airplanes and wars;
- Bruce will start at least one song asking to let him tell us a story;
- It will have a self-plagiarism riff like the Trooper part.2;

Not 2017, no. They might not even have finished touring by them. If they did another I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 4 or 5 year wait.

- It will have a self-plagiarism riff like the Trooper part.2;

I have noticed you enjoy using the term selfplagiarism when what you mean is similar to previous work.

Plagiarism refers to exact duplication.

I'm betting that this is their last one.

The earliest that we'd get one would be 2018, by then Nicko would be nearly 70, and the rest of the band will be in their 60's. I can't see them pushing another album out along with another world tour, unless they scale down the energy of the shows.

I reckon, we'll have The Book of Souls tour and then a final tour.

It's sad, but I think it's time to start realise that the end is nigh for Maiden. But each member would probably go off and do their own thing. Bruce would probably start up his solo career again if he wanted to, and Steve would carry on with British Lion.
Thinking of this makes me sad.
When they do another album, will they tour with it or do a farewell Tour with hits? I don't think they got 2 more tour circles in them after The Book of Souls tour

I have a feeling that will be in 2-3 years,they know that they are getting older and with the age appears the sad things of life,cancer and so....

and if there is no album there will be a greatest hits tour in 2017 for sure,they are not going to stop.

Stop. We have new album and new tour. Be happy and IF they tell us "sorry guys, this is the end" - we will figure out how to say 'thank you' for all these years.

There is no exact duplication on The Book of Souls, at least not that my ears can detect, nor the ears of others who are accomplished musicians or producers.
The Only ones who come really close to be even considered for duplication might be Shadows of the Valley (Wasted Years) or When the River runs Deep (Man on the Edge parts) Even though this is a Stretch

There's something similar to Losfer Words in...um...The Red and the Black, I think?

Back