1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysterious News Announcement on the Official site...

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by UpTheIrons, Jan 1, 2012.

1. UpTheIrons

UpTheIrons Educated Fool

Yeah, he needs to write some better solos. Like that fantastic one of Dave's on QFF.

2. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

LOL

3. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Well, we could have known in advance it had to do with H. I can imagine that some people do not like this stuff, but this kind of songwriting reminds me of Psycho Motel material. I like it, makes me curious for more songs so I´ll get the album.

4. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Hmm, I wish I remember how Tyranny of Souls was promoted when it came out. Seriously, would people be disappointed if that would be promoted via the Maiden website.... nah. So, it´s normal that Adrian´s music will have some attention here as well. The fact that you don´t like it has not much to do with that choice. And what does a countdown matter... as I said, H clearly had to do with it. So, why the F not complain in advance.. if the song would have been great, people wouldn´t have complained about the issuance on Maiden´s site.

5. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

The guy who does Iron Maiden's twitter page says "We didn't hype it, you guys did".

:turd:

6. snake plissken

snake plissken Ancient Mariner

That guy needs a slap. Maiden really need to handle things like this better. This did not need a teaser on the web site and that fucktard on twitter needs to STFU. What a tool.

7. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Come on....

8. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Twitter guy is right, we hyped this. They only put a little banner announcement that lasted less than two days, and everyone imagined something big.

9. UpTheIrons

UpTheIrons Educated Fool

In retrospect the hints given by the twitter feed and the banner in the site practically confirmed what this announcement was a while ago; the maiden community did indeed overhype what was meant to be a smaller fun bit of news.

10. snake plissken

Hopefully in future they'll just announce smaller bits of fun news.

11. UpTheIrons

UpTheIrons Educated Fool

Yeah I do agree with you there, I think part of the problem is that we've been starved of proper Maiden news since August, there's still nothing solid regarding the DVD and everyone is anticipating the next tour/album. Anything short of that is going to cause complaints. Hell, there were lots of complaints when The Final Frontier was announced purely due to the artwork!

12. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon GO PACK GO!!!

1st off, I think it's a great song and shows a very unique and different style of Adrian's playing. I'm loving it!

2nd off, the reason I believe they hyped it so much is because past Maiden member side projects have never done that well because many Maiden fans aren't aware of them. It's nice to see one of them finally get some good recognition like this. I really hope it does well.

13. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

After a first listen, I enjoyed the song. I'm looking forward to the album. The Psycho Motel albums were quite good (the second moreso than the first), if H can put out something as good as that, I'll be very happy

14. Jeffmetal

Jeffmetal Ancient Mariner

Listening to the song for the second time, now and I quite enjoy it; it reminds me a lot of Voivod on Negatron/Phobos albums with Eric Forrest. There's a lot of interesting vocals tones by Goodman and Adrian's got a heavy but tripping and to the point guitar work and tone. It seems more interesting stuff will come from the duo's album, which is apparently called Awoken Broken.

15. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Yes Mr. Twitter is right. You guys overhyped it. It was a small banner that hinted toward H's project anyway. Even on Twitter, the guy giving hints of what it was about and people still thought it was an album or DVD or something, when he said several times it wasn't. Now people are calling this guy a tool? If it was a giant countdown on the site then sure, I could understand, but it was just a small banner that lasted two days.

Some people need a timeout.

16. Vap

Vap Ancient Mariner

I think it's a pretty good song and I don't have any problem with it being promoted in Maiden's site. Seriously guys, it's not a big crime to do that.

17. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

The album will come out on 27 February, which is Adrian's 55th birthday (probably no coincidence). :cheers:

18. jeez

jeez Prowler

What a pile of garbage. probably took them about 10 mins to come up with music n lyrics. Its just one repetitive groove and some snakey song on top of that. They cant really have been putting any effort into this. And peaople who actually like this, wtf do you find appealing?? Maiden wouldnt even put it up as a B-side.

19. snake plissken

By people you mean me and I stand by it. Tool! We've been starved of news and then we get a teaser. Doesn't matter if it's two weeks, two days or two hours a teaser was not needed. Just a standard announcement would've done for this. Tool tool tool!!!!!!!!!!! :D

20. Tron

Tron Trooper

Harsh... its not that bad and theres no problem with a bit of groove, im starting to get into the lyrical side of it now. its something new but it isnt bad