Multiple Albums Removed from Spotify

Spaldy

Ancient Mariner
Just seen a post on the Reddit page where several albums are missing from Spotify. I've checked it myself and Live After Death, No Prayer for the Dying, Death on the Road, and Book of Souls are all missing.

What's everyone else's situation and why would those albums be removed?

Just seen a post on the Reddit page where several albums are missing from Spotify. I've checked it myself and Live After Death, No Prayer for the Dying, Death on the Road, and Book of Souls are all missing.

What's everyone else's situation and why would those albums be removed?

Same in the Nordics

What's everyone else's situation
Well, I bought all the original CDs and ripped them to my phone, so I can listen to these albums just fine, internet access or not, licensing issues or not. This sort of thing is one of several reasons why I never rent music.

That said, I do have sympathy for the folks affected by this, and I hope it's resolved soon.

I can confirm that they're still on Apple Music for me at least. Well, technically I dunno about TBOS since that's my personal mp3s but the other three appear and play just fine. So presumably it's not some weird overall licensing issue/false DMCA claim/other distributor hiccup but something specific to Spotify.

Well, I bought all the original CDs and ripped them to my phone, so I can listen to these albums just fine, internet access or not, licensing issues or not. This sort of thing is one of several reasons why I never rent music.

That said, I do have sympathy for the folks affected by this, and I hope it's resolved soon.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I have all the albums on physical media. But streaming is convenient when you're out and about.

And it's just strange that some albums have been removed.

Have to follow and see if this was only error (as other services still have the albums available) and whether they will fix it.
Anyways, I got my copies of the albums in physical formats and now I actually have the files stored on my iPhone 13.
I contacted Spotify customer service, which didn't provide me any help, so I had to open topic about this issue:

Have to follow and see if this was only error (as other services still have the albums available) and whether they will fix it.
Anyways, I got my copies of the albums in physical formats and now I actually have the files stored on my iPhone 13.
I contacted Spotify customer service, which didn't provide me any help, so I had to open topic about this issue:
I think the problem is about Rock and Metal in general

Yep, seen that and annoying really. Would think that they do the needed stuff to renew agreement/licenses and changes in advance.
Not necessarily deal breaker yet, but if this kind of thing would happen more frequently then I would sincerely change to other service.
You would expect them to have the material available the whole time, once it's not then surely some customers walk away.

I've dumped my original vinyl in flac format and listen to them on my phone. Piece of Mind for example is full on vinyl but paper thin on the original CDs

Back