More to meet the eye....

I understand that and heard the same thing about him being a communications satelite, just anything but a truck.

D&N said:
I hope to the Holy Duality that Soundwave isn't a fucking truck in this movie. Hell, I'd be happier if he were a refrigerator.

LooseCannon said:
What I heard about Soundwave is that he is going to be a Cybertronian satellite, or something similar.  About communications, thematically.  But there's just no way you could do him as he was in the comics.....most kids would say, "WTF is a tape deck!"

Besides, they did the "Tape Recorder" in the first one... (Frenzy, on the plane)

Don't see the satellite-angel working really well for him...

If he's a truck, he can move his own damn self into the fights...

Which would be good... VERY GOOD!

I'd rather see him as a truck, or even a vespa, than hardly see him at all...

Soundwave kicks ass...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKcqaeEZuCA  <--- KICK ASS

djbattlepm7.jpg
128678184288468726.jpg

Actually they CAN work the Tape Deck angle. They can have Shia say something around the lines of "WTF is a tape deck?" and have his dad say a "oh back in my day" lines... would make good comic relief which the parents did provide in the first film...

No, they can't, Onhell.  Kids still won't get it.  Besides, he'd look dumb growing huge after that.

I remember reading that during the making of the last film, they said that when a machine transformed into the 'robot' version of itself, they didn't want any of that disappearing mass that was seen in the comic, like when the trailer for Prime disappeared and the like.

The first time I saw the original Transformers, I was impressed, however upon later views I realised that it was quite shite. The dialogue was muck, the Transformers were background characters, the humans were all headwrecking, and the story was terrible. I don't have high hopes for the second movie, but I will see it.

Regarding NigelTufnel's post, Watchmen was so much better than The Dark Knight Returns, there is no comparison. Batman is too much of a bastard in TDKR, and I much prefer the current incarnation. All he can be is Batman, cold and alone, while in the continuity, he does have friends, and somewhat of a family with Nightwing, Robin, etc.

Hunlord said:
The first time I saw the original Transformers, I was impressed, however upon later views I realised that it was quite shite. The dialogue was muck, the Transformers were background characters, the humans were all headwrecking, and the story was terrible. I don't have high hopes for the second movie, but I will see it.

The movie was awe-inspiring upon first viewing, and it faded, and I'll admit that.  It hasn't stood up well.  I still find it fun, but I definitely skip most of the human parts, excepting those parts with a stretching, mildly persperating Megan Fox.  That's always nice.

I'll see the second one for the same reason I saw the first: giant fucking robots.

Onhell said:
Actually they CAN work the Tape Deck angle. They can have Shia say something around the lines of "WTF is a tape deck?" and have his dad say a "oh back in my day" lines... would make good comic relief which the parents did provide in the first film...

There were almost only comical relief characters in the first one... think about it: "I'm just a cusin, I'm just a cusin" - "I'm losin' my mind a little bit. Gettin' chased by my car right now, gotta go! " -"LEFT CHEEK, LEFT CHEEK" - "SHA'D A'P, GRANMA', DRINK YOUR PRUNE JUICE!" - "Anything I want-badge"- "Yeah, that's how we know we're in a free country. There's no secrets. They'd say "Hey! Duck and cover!" " -etc... enough with the fucking comical relief already...

LooseCannon said:
No, they can't, Onhell.  Kids still won't get it.  Besides, he'd look dumb growing huge after that.

So true...

And how would it get introduced..? A trip to radio shack..?

Luckily, this time around, there will be Transformers landing all over the planet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXOJ28b6WIo&feature=related  <--- Europe landing, teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtUg58mhJLU&feature=related  <--- Russia landing, teaser

Hunlord said:

That will be better this time around... they "got a hold" of the majority of the general public now... they have established the background story, so now they can pretty much have 2 1/2 hours of CGi violence, if they so choose... Same goes for Iron Man...

Hunlord said:
Regarding NigelTufnel's post, Watchmen was so much better than The Dark Knight Returns, there is no comparison. Batman is too much of a bastard in TDKR, and I much prefer the current incarnation. All he can be is Batman, cold and alone, while in the continuity, he does have friends, and somewhat of a family with Nightwing, Robin, etc.

Oh, hear me, Oh great flying spaghetti monster in the sky, DO NOT let them fuck up the new Batman franchise by adding a Robin... they did that in the 90's... IT SUCKED!!!

Hunlord said:
That is why the Dark Knight Returns is my favorite Batman story. Frank Miller's use of inner dialogue makes that comic a how and why Batman does what he does as he is doing it and his justifacations. I prefer this version of Batman than the one from the Superfriends. Plus the angle with Superman.

This is now the spoiler thread. If we did'nt use spoilers in this thread we will be in violation of the end user agreement, and would have to sit through the collective works of Bette Midler, Barbara Streisand and Celin Dion.

NigelTufnel said:
This is now the spoiler thread. If we did'nt use spoilers in this thread we will be in violation of the end user agreement, and would have to sit through the collective works of Bette Midler, Barbara Streisand and Celin Dion.

Thank Dog we dodged that bullet...  :lol:

prime.gif

Back