Mike Singletary said what???

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
I'm putting this one out in public, not just the American Football thread, because even the football haters need a laugh too. :bigsmile:

Background: Mike Singletary is the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers. This year his team was expected to be reasonably good, but are instead losing badly. Most people think Singletary is largely to blame - that he has turned out to be a bad coach.

Every year, the NFL plays one game in London. This year, Singletary's 49ers were in the game. ESPN made the following report...

After San Francisco dropped to 1-5 last week, Mike Singletary declared of his team, "This is their finest hour." In his pregame speech to players before Sunday's Niners versus Broncos contest in London -- for which Singletary work dark glasses, though the game began at 7 P.M. local -- the Niners coach said: "During this season we have experienced nothing but disaster and disappointment. One blow after another, terrible losses, frightful dangers. Everything miscarried. And yet our morale remains high. During the season we repeatedly asked ourselves the question: 'How are we going to win?' And no one was able ever to answer it with much precision." Then Singletary told the team, "We shall fight the Broncos on the seas and ocean, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in our air offense, we shall defend our end zone whatever the cost may be, and we shall never surrender."

The crazy thing? I can't tell if it's a joke. The writer is known for having a sense of humor. But Singletary is known for fiery speeches, and I wouldn't be surprised if he really did come up with that.

Back