Metallica Studio Album Survivor: Results Thread - Ride the Lightning wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Even the fillers on the Black Album are better than some of the "thrash-thrash-thrash-yell the band name-bang your head!-thrash-thrash"

Holier Than Thou, Don't Tread On Me and The Struggle Within. And Nothing Else Matters, maybe.

1:
2:
3:
4: Kill 'Em All
5: Metallica
6: Death Magnetic
7: Load
8: Reload
9: St. Anger

Wow, I'm amazed at those votes for Justice. Mine goes to Lightning, which is still great, but has a couple more clunkers than Justice or Puppets.

I can't believe Justice has so many votes. If the mix was better I'd say it's their strongest album, but it's definitely the strongest of their early era. As for Lightning, while half of the album may be gold, 75% of the remaining half is pure filler (with 25% being as average as can be aside from the awesome intro/outro).

I should also point out that neither Puppets nor Justice has any filler whatsoever. Such a thing is quite rare; most artists couldn't even dream of releasing a filler-less album.

I can't believe Justice has so many votes. If the mix was better I'd say it's their strongest album, but it's definitely the strongest of their early era. As for Lightning, while half of the album may be gold, 75% of the remaining half is pure filler (with 25% being as average as can be aside from the awesome intro/outro).

I should also point out that neither Puppets nor Justice has any filler whatsoever. Such a thing is quite rare; most artists couldn't even dream of releasing a filler-less album.

The Song That Should Not Be is the worst song from all 3 albums by a clear margin. Sure RtL has Escape and Trapped Under Ice, but both of these are way better than the Puppets filler. Justice also has Frayed Ends which is in the same category and I don't like To Live is to Die or the Title Track either.

RtL has the most great songs by far though when compared to the other album, hence why it's my #1.

RtL is my #1 too, but MoP is a close second. I really like Escape and Trapped Under Ice actually. The only song I don't like on RtL is Fight Fire with Fire, everything else is good. The other two albums have more songs i'm not crazy about.

Master of Puppets has very good songs but has a very dull production and doesn't flow well as an album.

RtL is my #1 too, but MoP is a close second. I really like Escape and Trapped Under Ice actually. The only song I don't like on RtL is Fight Fire with Fire, everything else is good. The other two albums have more songs i'm not crazy about.

Try replacing the words to Fight Fire With Fire with the words to Jingle Bells (yes the Christmas carol). It fits almost exactly during the verse and then the chorus would be "Jingling with Jingle bells / Christmas is here / Jingling with Jingle bells....."

Now do you like Fight Fire With Fire better?

Back