Metal Hammers top 50 (Link)

I was just reading yesterday. EOTC not being at the top was okay because for a mainstream list they ranked it in a decent position.

However, when I saw the rest, I took back everything.

It sucks.

Rime is too fucking low.

It's shit.

It's not made by a diehard fan, but by a casual journo.

Maidenfans ratings are better.

Last edited:
The song selection itself is pretty good! The ranking order is just a bit off, but you can pretty much always see it coming. Arguably something like Tailgunner could've been left out in favor of some other track, but with these songs it really comes down to little personal preferences.

Last edited:
Nah. Especially not another track from NPFTD.

Well, yeah, maybe not, but it's a fair example of a song that could be replaced with something else. I mean, it's a great one, but not quite InfiniteDreamsWastedYearsTheTrooperPaschendaleAcesHigh-category song that should be there, no matter what. :D

There's a part of me that thinks "Tailgunner" may be even better than "The Trooper", but I need to finish my discography listen first, so...

There's a part of me that thinks "Tailgunner" may be even better than "The Trooper", but I need to finish my discography listen first, so...

I really admire your analytic view and scoring with these things. :D Scoring albums and such is sometimes hard enough, but individual songs... especially with 1-10 ratio... I suck at it. :D I mean, of course I can easily specify my favourite songs, albums and all that, but you know... deciding if The Unbeliever is a 7 or 8/10 for me, or if this or that song is better or worse than the other... That's why I always tend to just describe the feelings I have about songs and it's qualities, rather than scoring and ranking them. I should give a try to that too though.

I really admire your analytic view and scoring with these things. :D Scoring albums and such is sometimes hard enough, but individual songs... especially with 1-10 ratio... I suck at it. :D I mean, of course I can easily specify my favourite songs, albums and all that, but you know... deciding if The Unbeliever is a 7 or 8/10 for me, or if this or that song is better or worse than the other... That's why I always tend to just describe the feelings I have about songs and it's qualities, rather than scoring and ranking them. I should give a try to that too though.
It’s really hard... I’m trying to cut down on my 10/10s but Maiden have made so many awesome songs... :D

The song selection itself is pretty good! The raking order is just a bit off, but you can pretty much always see it coming. Arguably something like Tailgunner could've been left out in favor of some other track, but with these songs it really comes down to little personal preferences.

Spot on. Prowler and TRATB also stood out for me as being probably not top 50 Maiden songs from my point of view. I think the rest of the tracks would probably feature in the top 50 if Maiden's world wide fan base was polled.

Back