Mental Health Thread

Do you fear death, dying, etc.?

• Yes

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Trying my best to not think about it

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Never really thought about it and I'm unable to come up with an answer on a spot

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
Does anyone ever get post Maiden blues? Always for about a week after seeing them i feel life is never gonna be as good as it was when i was at a Maiden gig. Saw them last week in Manchester and still have post Maiden blues.

I'm tired of everything.

I wish I could just move far away from here where no one knows me and snooze everyone that I know for a year.

I'm tired of everything.

I wish I could just move far away from here where no one knows me and snooze everyone that I know for a year.
I kinda did that. If you have real options in terms of moving as in having the money and employment options, I say go for it.

I'm at an odd place at the moment. My now ex moved out about a month ago. It was as mutual a break up as it can be. She got a job offer in the U.S and she'd be stupid not to take it. Since I met her she wanted to leave Mexico, she didn't care where. She was looking at France or Canada, with the U.S being her last option, but a good opportunity came up and she took it. I can't go due to family (my mom is almost 80) and work. So we decided to just end it.

What I'm trying to say is, finding one's place on this rock isn't easy. I moved back to Mexico and found my dream job, but I wouldn't have been able to get it had I not spent 16 years in the States. My GF and I broke up, because now she's pursuing her dream. When the idea first came up she wanted me to go with her and I told her "no." I explained I was living my dream and that she needed to chase hers and she couldn't let anything or anybody get in the way of that. Prioritizing yourself isn't always easy and feelings will be hurt, friends and loved ones will be left behind, and until you do it you'll never know if it's what you needed.

I say this, because again, I'm aware moving... leaving it all behind, is a luxury and it doesn't always turn out as expected. When my mother and I left for the U.S it was 16 years of living paycheck to paycheck, feeling unsafe and out of place with a lot of uncertainty. But for many others it is the promised land they thought it would be. To me, that promised land was moving back. Now, as I told LC years ago, by every objective measure I am poor, BUT, I have a roof over my head, I have modern luxuries like high-speed internet, a gaming console, kitchen appliances and my fridge is full with food. My needs are met and I love my job. I am content.

I have a new existential problem, fear of death, but not my own, my loved ones. A year ago one of my dogs passed away unexpectedly and it traumatized me. I still play the "what if" game. Had I done x or y maybe he'd still be alive. I still dream with him and thinking about him still tears up my eyes and I get a lump in my throat. Now I'm hypervigilant with my other dog, paranoid she'll die out of nowhere too. That has extended to, if I don't hear from my mom in 48 hours I think she's dropped dead too. I get super anxious. I need to get back to therapy to work on that, As soon as the semester starts I'll go back to the ones available through work.

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through such a tough time, @Onhell. Life can be challenging, and it's okay to feel tired and overwhelmed. It's admirable that you prioritized your dreams and encouraged your ex to pursue hers, even though it meant making difficult decisions.
Dealing with the fear of losing loved ones can be extremely distressing. Remember, it's normal to be concerned about their well-being, but it's essential to find healthy ways to cope with these anxieties. Going back to therapy can be a positive step towards addressing your fears and finding support.
If you ever need someone to talk to immediately, don't hesitate to reach out to the depression hotline. They provide valuable assistance and a listening ear when you need it most.

Last edited:
A word to the wise from your resident doomer -

Each time I feel that way, I get off the internet. And stop feeding myself "news". It does wonders to your mind.
I've been detaching from social media a bit and from group chats (but I at least gave my friends a heads up so there's no 'Hey, where the hell did FBC go?') I'm in a little bit because sometimes they feel they can get a little hivemind-y. I feel it's been doing some wonders for my mental health as I've been in a rather depressive phase for the past month-and-a-half.

Perhaps a bit strange I'm saying it on an internet forum, but unplugging from the web and just living feels liberating at times.

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through such a tough time, @Onhell. Life can be challenging, and it's okay to feel tired and overwhelmed. It's admirable that you prioritized your dreams and encouraged your ex to pursue hers, even though it meant making difficult decisions.
Dealing with the fear of losing loved ones can be extremely distressing. Remember, it's normal to be concerned about their well-being, but it's essential to find healthy ways to cope with these anxieties. Going back to therapy can be a positive step towards addressing your fears and finding support.
If you ever need someone to talk to immediately, don't hesitate to reach out to the depression hotline. They provide valuable assistance and a listening ear when you need it most.

Thanks LawrenceW. It's weird.... While I've dealt with depression my whole life I haven't been depressed in years.... I think I've mentioned it here before, but my brother took me to some Ayahuasca (DMT) sessions 6 years ago. I went to three to be exact. Since then I'm no longer depressed, I no longer smoke cigarrettes, I drink on very rare ocassions (social events, but no longer at home), no longer do weed (I used to eat edibles) and along with therapy got many other issues, mainly anger, under wraps. Life no longer stresses me out to the point of shut down and I can take things in stride. My "bad" days aren't bad at all if I compare them to when I was younger or, again, just 5 years ago.

Like I said, this new... anxiety, mainly about my mom and other dog just dying out of nowhere is new. I go back to work next Monday, I'll stop by with the therapist then.

I've been detaching from social media a bit and from group chats (but I at least gave my friends a heads up so there's no 'Hey, where the hell did FBC go?') I'm in a little bit because sometimes they feel they can get a little hivemind-y. I feel it's been doing some wonders for my mental health as I've been in a rather depressive phase for the past month-and-a-half.

Perhaps a bit strange I'm saying it on an internet forum, but unplugging from the web and just living feels liberating at times.
It is odd saying it on here, but then again, now-a-days we're always connected. You can only moderate the time your own. We're on smartphones, our consoles are "always on" Everything goes through social media sites, from news to shopping, so yeah, taking some time off helps. I've made the conscience decision to rarely post on social media, I only look at other friends posts and French Bulldog videos. Just this week a friend posted about her grandfather passing away and I messaged her privately to give her my condolences. So it's not a complete nightmare, but it does take some effort to filter out the BS. Whenever I feel like posting something, whether it is pertinent or not I ask myself, "Do I have the energy to argue with this person if they decide to go that route?" If the answer is "no," I don't post it. And this goes from the war in Ukraine, to which is your favorite Helloween album.

Tried waking up earlier every day, but to be honest, the only difference is that I wanna go to sleep earlier, and I wake up earlier, but I don't feel healthier or mentally any different.

7-8 hours on average when I need to work the next day.

I'm 31 now. Starting in my 20s, I used to stay up until 3-4 AM almost every night. Exception being 2019 when I used to go to work in an office every day, so my sleep schedule fixed by itself and I'd go to sleep before midnight every night.

How do you prevent rude behaviors from affecting your mood and ruin your whole day ? Recently it often happens to me that some random asshole I meet in the grocery store or at some random place can easily ruin my day.

Also do you think that being easily affected by other people is associated with mental exhaustion ?

How do you prevent rude behaviors from affecting your mood and ruin your whole day ? Recently it often happens to me that some random asshole I meet in the grocery store or at some random place can easily ruin my day.

Also do you think that being easily affected by other people is associated with mental exhaustion ?
It happens to me sometimes and I can be thinking about the shit even days. I cannot prevent it. I'd like to downplay but I don't know how. I suppose it's about the overthinking

For mental exaustion try to drink vitamin B complex consisting of: B3, B5, B2, B1, B6, B12, Biotin.
Where each of B's vitamin daily dose is ~ 400% - 1000% in one pill. I drink one pill in the morning and evening. It very much helps to reduce stress, overall tiredness and irritativeness.
To shorten path to sleep - one pill of Melatonin supplement, standard 1mg (half hour before sleep time)

Last edited:
It happens to me sometimes and I can be thinking about the shit even days. I cannot prevent it. I'd like to downplay but I don't know how. I suppose it's about the overthinking
The strange thing is that there have been times when I just didn't care and that I felt that I was somewhat "better" than those rude people and it was easy to just not care about them, the same way that I do not care about a dog barking to intimidate me, or a kid disrespecting me (not that I think that kids are comparable to dogs of course), I just do not feel the need to respond their disrespect so I easily do not care.

But other times I feel that the the rude person just owned me and I was too slow to respond, and that I should have said this and that in response to them and I keep thinking about it. I hate when it happens

The strange thing is that there have been times when I just didn't care and that I felt that I was somewhat "better" than those rude people and it was easy to just not care about them, the same way that I do not care about a dog barking to intimidate me, or a kid disrespecting me (not that I think that kids are comparable to dogs of course), I just do not feel the need to respond their disrespect so I easily do not care.

But other times I feel that the the rude person just owned me and I was too slow to respond, and that I should have said this and that in response to them and I keep thinking about it. I hate when it happens
This reminds me the very funny Seinfeld episode called: The Ocean Called
The character spends all the episode overthinking how to answer to a job partner who laughed at him.

Seriously. I don't know how to act sometimes but I think it's about personalities. Rude people don't care about this or that or if they hurt others with their words or behavior, They usually think in themselves. However there are certain personalities like you and me who can be sensitive or high sensitive person and we feel all of this very deeply and overthink about and the way of act is not the same like them.

It's completely normal to have thoughts and concerns about death and dying. These thoughts can sometimes be unsettling, but you're definitely not alone in feeling this way. It's important to remember that these feelings are a part of being human, and they can be triggered by various factors. Exploring these thoughts and emotions can help you better understand yourself and your fears. I stumbled upon some really insightful articles on lifestyletothemax.co.uk that delve into this topic. Reading about others' experiences and coping strategies might offer you some comfort and perspective. Remember, reaching out to friends, family, or a mental health professional can also be incredibly helpful when dealing with these emotions.

Last edited:
Today is one of those days when I just don’t understand why I exist. I hate everything around me. Why can’t I find just one person who understands me and takes me for who I am?

Today is one of those days when I just don’t understand why I exist. I hate everything around me. Why can’t I find just one person who understands me and takes me for who I am?
Sorry for the outburst, today was just a shit day, every now and then it happens that I can't keep my feelings at bay.

Back